Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

Neighbourising proves nothing, Ron. You could easily be scum. For this day, my suspicions are on thee whole ATG wagon. That was a bullshit lynch and I want good reasons from all of you.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MOD : I asked at the end of the last phase but in case it was missed can you please prod Nexus

@Kenny - I hammered the wagon because it was that or a no-lynch, he was at L-1 with 20 minutes to go. I didn't agree with it, we should have lynched Ron but I'd rather lynch a null-read on D1 over a no-lynch so that is why I voted.

Assuming to mean me since I voted first, I decided that I didn't want to give a lurker another free run as happened on the last game. Andrew the Giant made a grand total of three posts in the first day phase, the first was a kinda greeting, the second a sweeping statement about slips giving no read on any potential scum members and a third pointing out the 'no scum talking in day phase'. It was a good find but sadly, gave no read on the game. This was enough in my mind to belief he was at least acting anti-town by not contributing to anything.

• Paid Members
Neighbourising proves nothing, Ron. You could easily be scum. For this day, my suspicions are on thee whole ATG wagon. That was a bullshit lynch and I want good reasons from all of you.

Of course not. I'm not scum, but I easily could be, you're right. Same could be said about you or anyone in the game. As for my reasons for lynching ATG? Well, I know I'm not scum, and given that there were potentially three night kills last night the town could quite possibly have been hammered. I'd rather have voted for someone I didn't know the allignment of (plus someone who could have slipped under the radar had they stayed alive) than potentially lose me (I know I'm town) and three others overnight, immediately putting the town in a horrendous place. It was a pot luck lynch, I'll admit. But as it stands I don't think it's caused us a great deal of damage.

Obviously some of the lynchers are innocent, but I think some people need to explain jumping on it when ther was scumhunting to be done and cases being pressed on other, scummier posters.

And you know what? It wasn't better than no lynch. We need 8 to lynch now, with 4 scum still alive. If we mislynch again tonight and there's a scummy vig waiting, we're gonna be pretty fucked. I won't officially FOS the whole wagon, and actually I kinda understand the point you make about a last minute hammer, buut the wagon formed too fast on no evidence at all. That looks scummy as fuck from all of you, especially those that switched to ATG from other evidence-based wagons. Maybe that was easier than pushing weak cases on people you all knew weren't scum, eh?

Of course not. I'm not scum, but I easily could be, you're right. Same could be said about you or anyone in the game. As for my reasons for lynching ATG? Well, I know I'm not scum, and given that there were potentially three night kills last night the town could quite possibly have been hammered. I'd rather have voted for someone I didn't know the allignment of (plus someone who could have slipped under the radar had they stayed alive) than potentially lose me (I know I'm town) and three others overnight, immediately putting the town in a horrendous place. It was a pot luck lynch, I'll admit. But as it stands I don't think it's caused us a great deal of damage.

Why 3 potential night kills Ron?

• Paid Members

1. Scum

2. Vigilante

3. Odd night vigilante (It's night one, so therefore an odd night)

• Paid Members

This was what I was about to ask, the only way there could be three night kills in this set up is if there is a bomb and they are hit by one of two kills possible each night. (scum kill and either odd or even vig.)

--

Ron there is no vigilante only an odd or even one.

EBWOP:

OR what Brownie just said

• Paid Members

This was what I was about to ask, the only way there could be three night kills in this set up is if there is a bomb and they are hit by one of two kills possible each night. (scum kill and either odd or even vig.)

--

Ron there is no vigilante only an odd or even one.

Just looked back at the powers, I didn't realized it was an odd AND even night vig. Thought there was an odd night vig AND a regular vig.

• Paid Members

I thought Swift was a better candidate to lynch but, as only Chris B agreed (Swift's other vote was a rvs from Nexus), I switched my vote to avoid a no lynch. I would've switched to Ron, who I was also suspicious of, but his role claim bought him some time. Andrew was the only one left and, at the very least, his lynch would prove/disprove my theory about him and Swift picking similar numbers.

• Paid Members

My reasoning is very similar to Bristep with very little time to the end of the lynch ATG was the only lynch that could go through and so I put the vote down to lynch having played with ATG as scum in previous games and been a Mod for a game he was scum, I have seen him actively lurk to get through sticky situations so when Snake pointed out he had been online previously and not came it he was at least worth the lynch over the choice of nothing and him slipping through a game as scum again.

• Paid Members
Tom - You made a vanilla claim last day, are you willing to disclose which role you applied for?

Sure. I applied to be a Bomb, but obviously I did not get it and as a result I ended up being vanilla townie

I think we maybe need to look at who seph fingered in the previous phase as obviously he's ended up dead and it could be because he was onto something with someone he targeted. My main hunches focused on Lion and, to a lesser extent at the end of the phase, brownie last time so, but I went to ATG as I, wrongly, thought something was a bit suspect plus his lack of activity, and wanted to avoid a no-lynch. Hands up, I got it wrong.

• Paid Members

My reasoning is very similar to Bristep with very little time to the end of the lynch ATG was the only lynch that could go through and so I put the vote down to lynch having played with ATG as scum in previous games and been a Mod for a game he was scum, I have seen him actively lurk to get through sticky situations so when Snake pointed out he had been online previously and not came it he was at least worth the lynch over the choice of nothing and him slipping through a game as scum again.

Whoah, this is a reason I remember you using before (minus the Snake bit) to justify what was perceived as a flimsy lynch/vote. I think it was in the game you were poisoner and the lynch may have been wolfvinson...I'll need to look into that.

Archived