Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't got any idea what so ever at this point, so as much as I hate to say it, the scum are doing a good job hiding amongst us.

With that being said, I only have my gut instinct to go with, so I feel I have no other option but to vote Lion.

Vote: Lion of the Midlands

Sorry I've been in Soton today doing stuff so haven't been around much.

I can't say I like the Birstep post of lynching lurkers is anti-town even on Day one. The facts are he made three posts and had one excellent spot, but standing in the background and only occasionally bobbing your head up to make one or two statements but not giving a strong read of the game (his second post came closest in which he talks about town making slips), I find anti-town.

I can't say I'll change my vote at this stage, I don't have a strong feel on any players really but I still remember the last game and I will not stand lurkers.

Shit, I thought today was Friday. Never mind, since it isn't I'm going to hope common sense prevails.

Unvote

Vote Lion Of The Midlands

I thought lynching the lurker was the best option Ron? What's changed based on us having a day to go?

Maybe someone voting on your Lion wagon gave you hope on getting someone claiming town lynched after all.

I don't think Lion is scum, if I'm wrong I'll freely admit it but I am getting a town vibe from him. Bravo if his strops and martyrism were all a controlled plan. Ron you are voting for him based on a hunch that he and Swift concocted a big plan to lynch ChrisB. It's a hell of a plan just to lynch 1 person, and a player almost guaranteed to be vanilla. 1 vanilla kill at the risk of uncovering 2 scum? I don't buy it. The theory has too many holes in it and I really think Ron needs to be seriously looked at as the lynch today.

Sorry I've been in Soton today doing stuff so haven't been around much.

I can't say I like the Birstep post of lynching lurkers is anti-town even on Day one. The facts are he made three posts and had one excellent spot, but standing in the background and only occasionally bobbing your head up to make one or two statements but not giving a strong read of the game (his second post came closest in which he talks about town making slips), I find anti-town.

I can't say I'll change my vote at this stage, I don't have a strong feel on any players really but I still remember the last game and I will not stand lurkers.

I just don't think it gives us any information post flip. If he's scum then fantastic but what if he's town? What info do we get from his flip? I said it before, everyone on his wagon can just claim that they lynched him for lurking. Nobody looks scummy for voting for him. Day one lynches are usually mislynches but they are good for looking at wagon activity and picking up leads to try and take control of the game. If we lynch ATG we get no wagon activity, no leads and we pick up day two where we left off (minus another townie until the scumkill is prevented).

• Paid Members
Shit, I thought today was Friday. Never mind, since it isn't I'm going to hope common sense prevails.

Unvote

Vote Lion Of The Midlands

I thought lynching the lurker was the best option Ron? What's changed based on us having a day to go?

Maybe someone voting on your Lion wagon gave you hope on getting someone claiming town lynched after all.

I don't think Lion is scum, if I'm wrong I'll freely admit it but I am getting a town vibe from him. Bravo if his strops and martyrism were all a controlled plan. Ron you are voting for him based on a hunch that he and Swift concocted a big plan to lynch ChrisB. It's a hell of a plan just to lynch 1 person, and a player almost guaranteed to be vanilla. 1 vanilla kill at the risk of uncovering 2 scum? I don't buy it. The theory has too many holes in it and I really think Ron needs to be seriously looked at as the lynch today.

I thought today was Friday, so at that stage, with no votes on Lion he was the best choice for me. But with a day left I'm still pretty hopeful we'll get rid of the guy I'm convinced is scum.

And it's more than a hunch. Look at it this way.

1. Chris/Lion pick the same numbers

2. Lion "randomly votes" Chris

3. swiftstrike "picks up on this" and suggests they're in a team and trying to distance eachother.

4. Lion soon later buddies Chris again, by agreeing with him in a post.

It all seems very unlikely not to be a co-incidence, and smacks to me of the kind of set-up plot swift would concoct. I've been wrong in other games, such as that one where I chased Family Guy to the end as our "obvious" scum, but I'm pretty sure about this, otherwise I wouldn't be pushing it so hard. If I'm wrong I'm immediately the suspect tomorrow and that wouldn't bode well for me. If I'm scum why am I pushing so hard? It wouldn't make sense because it makes me a suspect. I'm pushing the theory because I genuinely believe it.

It's a theory that relies on the two being fucking numbskulls though. Picking the same numbers guarantees shit scum powerage. All to create some distance? Nah. Don't buy it.

Having said that, you make a fair point about your aggression on it. Then again, that could all get a bit WIFOM.

I will also say that I'm totally against lynch the lurker. As has been noticed, it tells us nothing. I'm saying right now though that anyone not posting by nightfall with a meaningful contributiom to the discussion is top of the FOS list tomorrow.

• Paid Members

You say Ron that it does not bode well for you if you are wrong. Prepare to be boded. You continue to push your highly unlikely theory. Granted I have played this game like a fucking numbskull as Kenny so eloquently put it, but can you not see that if we were scun what we would have planned would just ensure that we got no power role. I picked my numbers and my RVS vote at random as I have said. It has been pointed out that this was not the best idea, but it is what I did so I have to live with it.

• Paid Members

For the record Lion, I don't think that you and Chris are scum together, but it's possible one of you is. Like I said before, swift and/or andrew are options too

• Paid Members
It's a theory that relies on the two being fucking numbskulls though. Picking the same numbers guarantees shit scum powerage. All to create some distance? Nah. Don't buy it.

Having said that, you make a fair point about your aggression on it. Then again, that could all get a bit WIFOM.

I will also say that I'm totally against lynch the lurker. As has been noticed, it tells us nothing. I'm saying right now though that anyone not posting by nightfall with a meaningful contributiom to the discussion is top of the FOS list tomorrow.

But my theories moved on - I think the most probable situation is that the numbers were a coincidence, but Lion's scum with swiftstrike. When swift realised it he plotted a plan, he mentioned the relevance of numbers, Lion intentionally rvs'd Chris. Lion's likely powerless, so losing him is no big deal - but swift's highly placed. So the two take out Chris, possibly Lion too, but swift came up with the theory and thus cements himself as town, possibly witha good power, and manages to use his general intelligent play to stay alive till the end, lead lunches and win the game with his other two partners. I think the early sequence of events between swift and Lion is too convenient not to be choreographed.

Archived