Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

I've gotta say, I made a big deal of lurkers and yet haven't looked at Andrew The Giant. However, that was a big spot, so I'll hold off for a bit.

I'm not entirely sure about unfitfinlay's theory on Andrew and swift. I can see what your getting at, and it does make sense, but wouldn't be better for scum to edge there bets?

For instance, Andrew the Giant picked 1,2; Bristep picked 5,6 and El Nicko Loco picked 9,10. All have spread there numbers across several with there is a pattern. Both numbers follow each other and are four numbers apart.

Couldn't this be a sign of comardaree as well? With more chance of a scum member getting a power role?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
@MOD : Can you confirm that the scum have no ability to daytalk, or was this a copy/paste from a mafiascum.net game (where they generally don't allow scum daytalk) and something you missed?

Just before everyone starts going back and rereading everything, best to get it confirmed.

Had you spotted this earlier? What did you make of it at that time if so?

@MOD : Can you confirm that the scum have no ability to daytalk, or was this a copy/paste from a mafiascum.net game (where they generally don't allow scum daytalk) and something you missed?

Just before everyone starts going back and rereading everything, best to get it confirmed.

I hadn't noticed it, no. I do know that he copied the rules from the mafia scum website and that they don't let scum daytalk generally whereas we do generally on UKFF so that's why I asked for clarification rather than assume it's correct.

• Paid Members

I hadn't noticed it, no. I do know that he copied the rules from the mafia scum website and that they don't let scum daytalk generally whereas we do generally on UKFF so that's why I asked for clarification rather than assume it's correct.

Did you read the rules at all?

I'll admit I hadn't really, and my worry is it'll be difficult to catch anyone out as it's hard to prove whether or not they have noticed this.

Did you read the rules at all?

I'll admit I hadn't really, and my worry is it'll be difficult to catch anyone out as it's hard to prove whether or not they have noticed this.

No, I hadn't read them. You kind of assume that they aren't going to change from game to game. An assumption that I'll not make again mind you.

• Paid Members
No, I hadn't read them. You kind of assume that they aren't going to change from game to game. An assumption that I'll not make again mind you.

OK, how would you explain this then?

How sure can we be that this masons group can't recruit and that the leader is scum?

I count 15 power roles, so someone was probably given the mason leader role, but as we have the Neighborizor role in the game to allow people to communicate I just find it hard to believe the mason group is town.

The following was quoted in the opening game post by Mike.

All town have the following win condition:

You win when all threats to the town are removed

All scum have the following win condition:

You win when you have eliminated the entire town, or nothing can prevent the same

Basic Vanilla Townie PM:

X, you are a Vanilla Townie, you have your wits and your vote.

All threats to the town, not just scum, so I think the Masons are evil.

I don't like Swifts posts so far, plus he seems certain Masons are town, so I'm voting for Swifty.

Vote: Swiftstrike

From the sign up thread.

"This game is for 16 players and you KNOW that the game's scum team will consist of 4 Mafia, all other players will be town."

ALL OTHER PLAYERS WILL BE TOWN. Whether we have masons or not, we have it in writing that they will be town.

EBWOP : Ok, so mod has confirmed no masons. All this talk about evil masons, recruiting masons, I dunno, just seems like a bit of distraction.

FOS : SMS

FOS Bristep

EBWOP Never mind, I'd wrongly assumed the rules were in the sign up thread, but when I just went back to re-read the thread I realized I was wrong. Removed that FOS.

I bet you were getting giddy with anticipation there, thinking you'd caught some sort of slip.

• Paid Members
EBWOP Never mind, I'd wrongly assumed the rules were in the sign up thread, but when I just went back to re-read the thread I realized I was wrong. Removed that FOS.

I bet you were getting giddy with anticipation there, thinking you'd caught some sort of slip.

:laugh:

I was, I actually! Never mind, I'll get you next time ;)

Damn right I do.

OK, I've been half-following the game and have a few vague impressions about stuff. I will read the whole thread, but for now I think it might be a useful tool for some or all of you to give me a few lines explaining where you stand and why. It'll give me a heads-up fr things to look for as I go back over things.

Otherwise, I probably won't say much for a wee while. I hope you appreciate that it's not lurking, just a noob trying to get used to things.

Archived