Working abroad

BuckFutter

Re: Working in Europe

Since you've left it late, your best chance of working abroad for the summer is in an England party place; it's pretty easy to find stuff as staff turnover is really high, just fly out to Tenerife or Ayia Napa or Ibiza or anywhere mildly similar, and ask around at the clubs and bars. Chances are you'll be doing PR work (standing outside trying to get people into clubs), but you may well get bar work, club work, restaraunt work etc. The PR work doesn't pay much but you get free drinks while you're on shift.

I'd advise booking a two week holiday and just seeing what you can get. I spent a couple of months doing this in Kavos in the summer of 2008; I'd meant to go from May-September, but by last July I was a bit bored so flew back, only so long you can spend living the lifestyle out there before it catches up.

If you start looking in December/January time, you can work as reps or for places like Eurocamp working with kids. Eurocamp might still have jobs going, but I don't know too much about it, best to go through their own website and Google it.

There's also a chance of doing farm work in some parts of Europe, as far as I know, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Re: Working in Europe

Since you've left it late, your best chance of working abroad for the summer is in an England party place; it's pretty easy to find stuff as staff turnover is really high, just fly out to Tenerife or Ayia Napa or Ibiza or anywhere mildly similar, and ask around at the clubs and bars. Chances are you'll be doing PR work (standing outside trying to get people into clubs), but you may well get bar work, club work, restaraunt work etc. The PR work doesn't pay much but you get free drinks while you're on shift.

I'd advise booking a two week holiday and just seeing what you can get. I spent a couple of months doing this in Kavos in the summer of 2008; I'd meant to go from May-September, but by last July I was a bit bored so flew back, only so long you can spend living the lifestyle out there before it catches up.

If you start looking in December/January time, you can work as reps or for places like Eurocamp working with kids. Eurocamp might still have jobs going, but I don't know too much about it, best to go through their own website and Google it.

There's also a chance of doing farm work in some parts of Europe, as far as I know, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I dont really fancy doing PR work, but i have just applied for a Web Design job in Andalucia, so hopefully i get that :)

Ah yeah, well if you're computer savvy I guess there are things like that out there, I thought you were just on about working and partying it up for a few months, rather than semi-emigration.

We are wanting to work/party for a few month, and this job is only a temporary contract, so hopefully we can still do what we want to do.

Archived