Wrestling in New York

kostan

As I will be heading to New York City for two weeks (last week of April, first week of May), I do have some wrestling related questions some of you hopefully might be able to answer:

- Is there a internet site which lists live wrestling events in that area? I do hope to catch some live wrestling when I'm there, but I'm unable to find a site which lists these events.

- Are there any wrestling related stores in NYC?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks for the reply, just looked at the calendar on that site and it indeed does not look great. Missing NJPW is a bummer, but maybe better luck next time :)

Check out Philly if there's nothing good in NY. Greyhound Bus from Central Station to Philadelphia is pretty quick and very regular.

Not sure if they'll have a show on during the time you're there but if they do, I suggest u check out an NYWC event. I watched one of their DVDs this week and there was some awesome matches on it and some great wrestlers there.

I actually saw them when I was last out there in Deer Park, NY. I think it's Mikey Whipwreck's company. He main evented against Quiet Storm. Current TNA guy Robbie E was there along with a few other low level Indy guys (i forget names). It was a fun show, though it felt like it had been booked during a heavy crack session.

Kostan; I'm afraid I didn't really find any great spots for wrestling merch in NY. There are plenty of good collectibles/comic shops around where some merch would pop up, but nothing specific. The Times Sq Toys r Us normally has a truck loads of WWE toys if that's your thing. Even as a non-collector I was tempted by the Brain Busters double-pack.

Archived