The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Paid Members
And can you clarify this, it makes no sense to me, and I'd like to answer everything you've asked.

Basically you push for Triple A and vote, and after SMS votes for swiftstrike immediately afterwards he follows your lead, which seems to me as though he might be trying to push a lynch on the person with the highest number of votes whilst avoiding the lynch himself. It might not be the case, but it seems like it could be.

Still don't really get that, sorry, can you not ask questions of me about other peoples gameplay please, I can not answer that at all.

I wasn't asking a question here, I was pointing out a possible link between the two of you for the benefit of others.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I never even read post one, I went straight from post 40 after signing up.

You posted on page 1 when you signed up, so whether you noticed the win condition or not, you definitely read the opening post so that's clearly a blatant lie.

And also, this thread was also the sign up thread, to be completely fair. It's entirely possible that TMS could have started from post 40 and worked his way onwards without reading the opening post, which Nexus edited from when it was in the sign in thread. That comment kind of worries me a little.

FOS Bristep

• Paid Members

You posted on page 1 when you signed up, so whether you noticed the win condition or not, you definitely read the opening post so that's clearly a blatant lie.

Nope, I clicked on the thread, clicked 'fast reply' and done. Didn't want to miss out on the game, that is the blatant truth. Sorry I can't prove it though.

The other thing I want to know is this; was that win condition actually in the original post? It has been edited, quite late on to, anyone fill me in on this? I feel it is vital, as it negates a lynch against me.

Which is truly good for Town.

I need to look at numbers, there can be only one play that may save the Town if this lynch is pushed through, and it's a hit one that runs the possibility of getting me mynched too

Me, Snake and TripleA (I'd add Swift, although I'm unsure now) have really ballsed this up for town.

Sorry.

• Paid Members
And can you clarify this, it makes no sense to me, and I'd like to answer everything you've asked.

Basically you push for Triple A and vote, and after SMS votes for swiftstrike immediately afterwards he follows your lead, which seems to me as though he might be trying to push a lynch on the person with the highest number of votes whilst avoiding the lynch himself. It might not be the case, but it seems like it could be.

Still don't really get that, sorry, can you not ask questions of me about other peoples gameplay please, I can not answer that at all.

I wasn't asking a question here, I was pointing out a possible link between the two of you for the benefit of others.

Aah, sorry, fair one. Just wanted to make sure I tried me best to answer your stuff, guess I ,haven't done enough though for which I apologise come the wash up.

• Paid Members
Also, your "system" of counting votes strikes me as something Swiftstrike would do, so I wonder if the two of you concocted the idea together in a scum forum? You've buddied swift, so that makes me feel a little less sure about his scum status, but I wonder if that was just out of you thinking that you'd "gotten away with it" and people thought that you were town - through ignorant arrogance after some successful lynches forced through previously?

You've not convinced me. My vote stands.

I don't quite get the suggest here this along with the idea that I composed TMS case on Trips as was suggested previously by SMS, I must be the only player who could be capable of coming up with these thought yet.

I don't post a case that is being suggested I wrote

I would let TMS Sheep me round all day rather than keeping some distance

That I would come up with a voting system that was as likely to see me lynched as TripleA based on the votes and suspicions out in the thread, and that I actually then said in the thread that it could be possible for scum to rig as I thought at the time SMS and Trips would push it hard on me.

Really on the one hand I'm a criminal mastermind and on the other I'm willing to take stupid risky plays all over the place, I do understand the question of what happening of course I do but please look at MY play over the days rather than tarring me as possible scum for someone else's play.

• Paid Members
The other thing I want to know is this; was that win condition actually in the original post? It has been edited, quite late on to, anyone fill me in on this? I feel it is vital, as it negates a lynch against me.

I need to look at numbers, there can be only one play that may save the Town if this lynch is pushed through, and it's a hit one that runs the possibility of getting me mynched too

Me, Snake and TripleA (I'd add Swift, although I'm unsure now) have really ballsed this up for town.

Sorry.

Look in the post above you. It doesn't negate a lynch against you, but yes, it was edited. The sympathy tactics you use here only make you look a bit scummier, it almost seems like deperation. If you are town your best bet is to make a logical argument as to why you thought your suspect actions were best for the town at that time. Maybe they'll add up and you'll seem less scummy. If you're scum I'd imagine your argument will look forced.

It's a difficult lynch today though, and gut instinct is going to play an enormous part in who I vote for.

• Paid Members

Sorry.

Look in the post above you. It doesn't negate a lynch against you, but yes, it was edited. The sympathy tactics you use here only make you look a bit scummier, it almost seems like deperation. If you are town your best bet is to make a logical argument as to why you thought your suspect actions were best for the town at that time. Maybe they'll add up and you'll seem less scummy. If you're scum I'd imagine your argument will look forced.

It's a difficult lynch today though, and gut instinct is going to play an enormous part in who I vote for.

Only apologising as the case against me IS damning, which is my fault, and will get another Town lynched.

I'm damned if I do, and I'm damned if I don't really.

I have made a logical argument, to everything you have posted and asked of me, I can not however be held accountable for the way they are read. That is up to you.

And it's not a hard vote for you Ron, you've already voted mate, quite early on, without any response from me also.

• Paid Members
I have made a logical argument, to everything you have posted and asked of me, I can not however be held accountable for the way they are read. That is up to you.

And it's not a hard vote for you Ron, you've already voted mate, quite early on, without any response from me also.

For one there was a vote on Swiftstrike, and that worried me incase anyone pushed for a lynch I wasn't sure of, and for two I didn't think there was any way you could really turn things around to change my vote. And I was right, there wasn't.

Nope, I clicked on the thread, clicked 'fast reply' and done. Didn't want to miss out on the game, that is the blatant truth. Sorry I can't prove it though.

That's a fair response, I assume that it had been edited to update the deadline in the header (since Snake extended around about the time of the edit) but Nexus would have to confirm it.

Regarding the fast reply, no reading the opening post, you're right there's no way to prove you didn't read the opening post but there's no way to prove that you did either.

And also, this thread was also the sign up thread, to be completely fair. It's entirely possible that TMS could have started from post 40 and worked his way onwards without reading the opening post, which Nexus edited from when it was in the sign in thread. That comment kind of worries me a little.

FOS Bristep

Ron, I know it was the sign up thread, hence why I said he posted on page one when he signed up. TMS posted on page one, so he was on page one at some point. There is no way the first post he was on in the thread was post 40, simply by virtue of his post on page 1. HOWEVER, I accept that there's no way to prove either way whether he read the opening post or not.

I'm still reading through the whole game and making notes at the moment, I'll post it tonight if I get it finished but I'm watching the Rumble at the same time and it's distracting me.

• Paid Members
Ron, I know it was the sign up thread, hence why I said he posted on page one when he signed up. TMS posted on page one, so he was on page one at some point. There is no way the first post he was on in the thread was post 40, simply by virtue of his post on page 1. HOWEVER, I accept that there's no way to prove either way whether he read the opening post or not.

Ah right, I thought you were trying to suggest he must have seen the win condition on the front page (which was his initial point) because he posted there, and thus were potentially trying to push through the lynch. I see what you mean now.

• Paid Members

For one there was a vote on Swiftstrike, and that worried me incase anyone pushed for a lynch I wasn't sure of, and for two I didn't think there was any way you could really turn things around to change my vote. And I was right, there wasn't.

Fair one.

FOS: Bristep

VOTE: Ron Simmons

I have answered all his questions, I feel he is using the fact three members of Town have truly fucked up to the scum's advantage. As mentioned in one of my responses.

I am truly screwed, only a cop that has possibly investigated me and found me innocent could help this matter now, the game MAY depend on it. However I'm not sure it's the tactic to go IF you know, IF there's a cop at all.

Thoughts with numbers and stuff, from everyone, I need to prove my innocence, and it's becoming clear that I may face the rope.

I also await the clich

• Paid Members

I suggest we wait and see if Carbomb has anything to add before going down the role claiming route for everyone, considering he was online last night and didn't post I am wondering why not, but he he doesn't have anything then yes role claiming is probably a valid position given that Nexus said we are at lylo.

Also please note that I'll be off-line most of tomorrow day, stupid manager meeting in Wandsworth 8 o'clock start 5 o'clock finish means no checking the thread until about 7 in the evening.

• Paid Members
I suggest we wait and see if Carbomb has anything to add before going down the role claiming route for everyone, considering he was online last night and didn't post I am wondering why not, but he he doesn't have anything then yes role claiming is probably a valid position given that Nexus said we are at lylo.

Also please note that I'll be off-line most of tomorrow day, stupid manager meeting in Wandsworth 8 o'clock start 5 o'clock finish means no checking the thread until about 7 in the evening.

It was Royal Rumble last night, most folks were probably on here but not really interested in the game to be fair, I suppose that's where Carbomb was.

As for on/offline, I as always can not post till 1630-1700, just can not get to compy at work.

Archived