SOUTHSIDE present - TWO SHOWS IN ONE DAY - 10th Oct - SHEFFIELD

Southside crew

• Paid Members

You're a bright man ICT, I've always said it.

In other news, ZSJ and Marty Scurll had a decent Speed King match that was slightly killed by House of Pain marks trying to get themselves over.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

And in the main event, Stixx defeated Mark Haskins in an enjoyable, if slightly overbooked No DQ scrap

• Paid Members

Not by any means a full review as you all know by now I'm useless at them but thought I'd point out a couple of things.

MK busted his ankle almost straight away and was really dissapointed with his match. MK is an amazing talent and I'm confident that him and Lionheart would have been brilliant had MK been at 100%

Also it was why we had to switch the matches around on the Sunday and the tag was amazing , I'm pretty sure nobody would have suspected how bad MK's ankle was , he had it iced all night and after the match and has been a real trooper. The tag match was just simply amazing - a definate 5 star classic !

Travis was also seriously injured and really put himself through it , he would have worked Sunday but I didn't want him to put himself through it.I have seen that man put himself through such pain so many times to not let down fans and promoters so just wanted to say a massive thanks to him.

Anybody on here that doubted Stixx could have a 5star match with Richards was wrong !

Wow! Where to start!

I don't generally get chance to come on here and leave reviews and stuff as I work 60 hours per week but felt that this weekends shows that I went to deserved a few words about each at least. This has honestly been one of the best weekends of wrestling I have seen in a long time!

I was at PCW on Friday night with an amazing crowd to watch Kris Travis battle through the pain and win the Title and I honestly stood there thinking that it couldn't possibly get any better as the weekend went on....but I was wrong!!

Arrived a bit early in Huntingdon so found the venue as it was the first time I had been here and decided to go for a pint. By the time I came out (still 20 mins before doors) there was already a huge queue forming and the anticipation within the crowd for what was about to go down was really high.

Upon the opening bell coming the crowd was hot and ready for the action. I'm not gonna review each match as i'm sure that has been done in detail already but just want to say a few things about certain parts of the show, first up being young Robbie X vs Jonathan Gresham. Now this is the 5th time I have seen Gresham (including the night before in Preston which was a bit of a mis-match against Hammer) and he impresses me more each time, it is clear to see his international experience and pedigree. A real shame he is not bigger in stature as he could be a real top worker for any company if he was. The match with Robbie X was absolutely fantastic and far exceeded my expectations, what a great opener to the show.

Next point from the night that i'd like to touch on is the debuting guy as the House Of Pain Manager, Harvey Dale. I have been following the huge war on facebook and twitter between this guys and the Southside regulars and I have to say it has often had me in stitches, obviously a very funny guy and a great addition to the storyline. I was a little confused at first when he announced Max Angelus and Max entered the room wearing a Southside T-Shirt but it all soon made sense and I think the way they managed to build the tension was amazing. Does anyone know where I can see anymore of Harvey Dale's work? Would love to watch some of his other stuff but have never come across him anywhere else really before. I am a real sucker for a good old fashioned heel manager and think it returned wrestling back to the good old days of the likes of Heenan, Hart, Slick and Mr Fuji. I found his interaction with the crowd fantastic and it built the tension and raised the crowd's noise levels everytime he was out there.

Stixx vs Davey Richards....what is there to say? I expected a great match and they duely delivered with a great mix of hard hitting out of the ring action and in ring submission mat wrestling! Lovely to see the heel manager take a huge bump aswell and the crowd totally lit up for it with what was possibly the biggest cheer of the night! Davey Richards is a true gent and I really do not believe he deserves some of the bad rep that he seems to have at the moment. He has come over to the UK and worked his ass off - his match with CJ Banks last week was absolutely fantastic and so was this one! I will touch on his match with Noam Dar on the other Southside thread and I am very much looking forward to seeing him at Futureshock next week. Stixx is another guy who is more impressive everytime I see him, it is rare to find a guy in the UK with his size and prescence that can do half of the stuff he is capable of in the ring, he is both agile and intimidating and when you are sat 3 feet away from the guy you can genuinely feel his prescence! I think the mix of him with Harvey Dale as a manager was a really good one and the solidarity shown between them after the pinfall got a huge reaction from the crowd which is lacking when you just have a heel exit the room on his own.

Noam Dar vs Marty Scurll - for me exceeded the expectations again, Scurll seems to be gaining a lot of momentum and has been great since winning the Speed King title, this was a match I had been waiting to see for the belt since that night after these 2 were the last 2 left in the final. Noam Dar is such a great talent and for a guy so young has an amazing CV of wrestlers that he has already faced. I was up in Scotland for his match against AJ Styles and thought that he performed above and beyond his years in that match...the same can be said for here. Party Marty clearly has more experience but Dar has the ability to surpass his with his in ring work and I was really into the match during the back and forth with no clue as to whether we were about to see a title change or not! Great match!

Tag Team Title Match - As Project Ego took on the loudmouth Predators you got the sense we were about to see something special. Having witnessed Kris Travis's shoulder dislocate before our very eyes the night before I was sceptical as to whether he would be able to put a shift in during this match and I think that injury played a big part in this match with Travis being reasonable obsolete in the match for the main part. Some great exchanges between the Predators and Kirby though and they worked the match brilliantly between them to give Travis an easier ride. You always sensed that Harvey Dale would have the final say in this one and with a bit of cheating behind the referee's back he threw in a title belt to one of the Predators for a telling head shot on Kirby. Following the pin and new champions it was just left to finish the show off in style and a brutal looking kick to the side of the head of Harvey Dale from Kirby sent the crowd home happy and silenced the biggest loudmouth of the night!!

To say I was absolutely stoked to know that it was off to Nottingham the next day for the continuation of this was an understatement! Well done Southside Wrestling Entertainment on delivering us one of the best shows the UK has produced this year!

Really good write up pal! I agree with most of that 100%, think the match of the night for me was Stixx vs Davey and yeah was great to see the manager get what he deserved! I marked out hugely when Davey booted him in the face! Not sure where else he works to be honest but I shall definitely be keeping my eyes open for him as was a shed load more entertaining than any of the managers I have seen in a long time! Also really pleased to see McKinnon being used on a regular basis now, that kid is phenomenal!

Only part of the show that let it down a bit for me was Lionheart's 'incident' of spitting on crowd members, one of which was a child, good guy or bad guy there is never a need to do something like that and a guy with as much experience as him really let the side down! Poor showing Adrian!

Wow! Where to start!

Up until the following day I thought that this was the best Southside show I'd been to, really enjoyed it and although the venue was a bit hot I thought it kept the atmosphere in really well and the crowd were great.

Robbie X gets better every time I see him and his match with Gresham might of just stole the show for me. If Robbie is doing so well now imagine what he could be in a few more years!

Stixx had a blinder with Davey and totally justified the faith Southside put in him giving him this match, when many of us (myself included) thought it would be too much of a styles clash. Stixx has always been one of the better big men on the UK scence but he has certainly gone up a lot in my estimation over the weekend on the back of his matches with Haskins and Davey, very impressed.

Suprised MK didn't like his match with Lionheart, I thought it was a really good and his ankle injury only really started to become aparent at the very end, so it didn't seem to really effect the match. But I guess you don't get as good as MK without having really high expectations / standards for yourself.

Kris Travis deserves a lot of credit for going out there with his damaged shoulder and giving it a go, the Predators and Kirby worked well to try and make the match work in a way that Travis limitations weren't a huge hinderance and generated so much heat. It was a really well done and although i was initially suprised it was picked to be the main event, I thought it was a fitting match to end the show.

I would of been very happy if that was the only Southside show of the weekend, but the Notts show was even better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

SOUTHSIDE WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT

present

RAW DEAL

20th OCT 2012 - DOORS 6.00pm - SHOW 7.00pm

STEVENAGE ARTS & LEISURE CENTRE , LYTTON WAY , STEVENAGE , HERTS , SG1 1LZ

Join us for our first show in Stevenage where we embark on our biggest venue to date !

ALREADY CONFIRMED

Southside Heavyweight Champion

STIXX

Speed King Champion

MARTY SCURLL

UK's No 1

EL LIGERO

ADULTS -

Archived