SOUTHSIDE present - 5TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW - 24th OCT - STEVENAGE

Southside crew

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hunters won the tag titles from SDS in the main event.  Kinda obvious, given the main event status, but a good match, and certainly sent the fans home happy - I actually saw at least two people JUMP IN THE AIR, FISTS PUMPED at the result, so definitely a success in that regard!

Haskins beat Robbie X to retain the heavyweight title.  Conversely, the fact that this was the semi main kinda gave away to me that there was no title change happening.  Probably the best match on the show in terms of action, these two certainly gel very well together, but kinda more low key than I imagined it would be considering the obvious story of Southside's ever-present guy taking on his former tag team partner for the big prize.  Perhaps the uncertainty whether Haskins would end up being fit to come back for this show prevented them from pushing the match as hard as they might have liked in the weeks leading up to it?

Curt Hawkins beat Dan Moloney, answering the all-comers challenge for the absent Sha Samuels.  Hawkins is about one tenth as talented as Samuels, so this was a disappointment for sure.

Paul Malen beat Joseph Connors in a strap match chain match.  Long, drawn out, not actually very good brawl.  Two geeks hit the ring on Connors behalf late on, held Malen against the ropes while Joseph chained the shit out of him and he still couldn't beat the guy.  Between this and losing easily to ultra part timer Hardcore Holly in Stevenage a month ago, my only conclusion is that Joseph Connors is just utterly, utterly rubbish.

Kay Lee Ray beat Nixon Newell, with the Welsh (Scottish?) Destroyer, after announcing that Nixon was outlawed from using it herself before the match began.  Seemed a bit unfair, and KLR is clearly turning heel fast.  I actually find her a pretty awkward wrestler inbetween the impressive high spots.  Newell's pretty good though.

Chris Hero beat Tyler Bate in a long, excellent, hard-hitting affair.  Some VERY close near falls in this one, with Tyler taking a hell of a beating.  He challenged Hero to a rematch, which was apparently accepted, with the proviso that it be a 30 minute Iron Man Match - so, next time in St Neots are we assuming?

Martin Kirby beat Curt Hawkins via kick to the balls in the opener.  Hawkins is pretty average, but Kirby's always good value with his cheeky heel antics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

We have had a few people ask us recently why no announcements yet.

Simply the show is 4 weeks later this year than last so we decided to wait until end of Jan.

So on Sat 30th of Jan we will announce our first British name.

On the 31st Jan we will announce our first international name - a former TNA X-Division champion

We will also be putting Tickets on sale once we have announced the two names.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived