Results From Motherwell

Dickie Divers def Mark Anthony

Decent opener

Eric Canyon def Black Samuri Jr

Solid Match

T2K promo to build heat for the Main Event

SWA Laird of the Ring Title

Joe Coffey vs. Jack Gallagher was a 15 min Time Limit Draw

the 15 mins went Quickly as the were having a Good little match, would like to see a proper match down the road

Jack Jester def Andy Anderson

Solid match

post match Andy apologised for being dissapointing & no longer being the champ & will cash in the Re-match in November in Motherwell

Fiona Frazer def Kirsty Love

solid debut from Fiona who got a nice chop frim K-Love to welcome her to the big dance

SWA Tag Team Titles

WMD def T2K after a Wizad re-start due to illegal use of tag strap

Solid Main event that the crowd were in to epecially when the Desicion to restart the match was made & WMD took advantage to retain

All in All a better show than Govan & things look positive going forward

• 3 weeks later...

SWA makes its debut in Bearsden with 3 BIG matches already announced!

versus-juy7scottishtitle.jpg

Back in February as SWA opened it’s year with Rebirth, Whiplash entered into a number-one contenders match against Damian O’Conor. This match became a harsh statement of intent from the would-be champion as he not only forced O’Conor to tap out, but held on to the submission until O’Conor was so badly injured that he spent the rest of the night in A&E. Since that moment, Whiplash lay in wait for his chance against Andy Anderson and when SWA rolled into Govan for the first night of the New Testament double header on June 1st, and with the same fierce tenacity, we saw the crowning of a new champion! As we head to Bearsden for the first time, we’ll see Whiplash put his title on the line against one of the most successful SWA Stars in recent years; Dickie Divers.

Having worked across the UK non-stop for almost fifteen years, Whiplash is one of the most experienced veterans in the world of British wrestling and has racked up wins over some of the best in the world. He’s experienced, vicious, is in great shape and is a proper student of the game. After taking the Scottish Heavyweight Championship from Andy Anderson and refusing to cease the submission that brought him the win, he’s proven he’s not only the man to beat, but a man who’s hard to take down.

His challenger is a man who’s beat the odds many times before and has had a lot of momentum in the past year. Being crowned After Hours Champion, Source Champion, feuding over the T-Division title with CJ Hunter, as well as picking up massive victories over some big names, Divers has literally been one of the shining lights of SWA and all over Scotland over the last year. At the New Testament double header he took down two huge opponents with his trademarked Delectable Bomb in Mark Anthony and the multi-time champion James Scott. With his career on an all time high, Divers will be walking into this match with both caution and confidence as he strives to be champion of every branch of the Alliance!

versus-july7-lotr.jpg

After a successful title defense in a four way at Govan, Joe Coffey found himself on the defensive on behalf of Andy Anderson when he saved the former champ from a vicious attack by new Scotish Champion, Whiplash. As the night closed we saw Coffey and Whiplash - our two champions - stare each other down. On July 7th, Coffey will step forward into a new challenge, but will be be watching his back as the new Heavyweight Champion looks for payback?

Touted for big things by fans and critics nationwide, Wild Boar is one of the most unique cruiserweights wrestling in the UK today, mixing the speed and agility of his weight class with the strength and power of men twice his size! With his intense in ring style, it's only fitting that he makes his Scottish debut against the most powerful wrestler in Scotland!

Having solidified himself as the man to beat, Joe Coffey has become a huge force to be reckoned with in SWA. With a strong ring prowess and an ever growing ability in the ring, Coffey has spent the better part of the past two years as Laird of the Ring Champion, plowing through every challenger with a determination to be the absolute best he can be.

The past couple of years have been an amazing journey for Coffey as he's been on the hunt for fresh challenges and challengers - a hunt that saw him compete against NJPW icon Prince Devitt in May, taking Devitt to the very limit. Coffey's success has not gone unnoticed and he has recently been invited to train at the legendary Zero-One dojo in July.

With this match being his last before his Japanese sabbatical, could Joe Coffey's mind be elsewhere? Could he take his eyes off the prize? One thing we do know, is Wild Boar is one hell of a competitor himself, and is looking to do anything he can to make a name for himself in his Scottish debut. This should be an epic contest!

319716_311795875579793_1503319410_n.jpg

With an already impressive line up, our trip to Bearsden on July 7th is getting an extra touch of class as Irish aristocrat and former Commonwealth Champion Paul Tracey is back in action to take on one half of the Scottish Tag Team Champions!

With a wealth of experience behind him, Paul Tracey is already an impressive challenge but his notorious trickery and cunning ploys often throw his opponents, leaving them baffled and confused. But don’t let his tactics fool you. Tracey is an all round mastermind and if his game plan fails him, he can tackle anyone in the ring with excellence, grace and an obvious aggression.

An internationally experienced star with a backlog of championship victories, Tracey is a master of the game who can tackle anyone he comes nose to nose with in the ring!

But even he will have his hands full with Nathan Black; a dominating, powerhouse heavyweight who can match his strength and power with a lot of speed and aggression! Having dominated in both singles and tag action, the powerful Black was finally able to reap the rewards of his training when he won the SWA Tag Team Championship in Motherwell, a match that saw the crowd warm to him, on their feet cheering him on as he battled against the SWA Originals.

Having already met in the ring this year in tag action, both men are eager to step inside the ropes and meet each other one on one!

Card so far!

NWA Scottish Heavyweight Title

Mikey Whiplash

• 5 months later...

So... Battlezone was last night. Rather than the hectic of ICW, was nice to kick back with a couple of beers and chill out watching a show. And a bloody good show it was as well. Couple of total wallopers at the back determined to make it all about them, but other than that, it was great.

Joe Coffey df. Dickie Divers, BT Gunn and Liam Thomson to retain the SWA Laird of the Ring Championship

The match started really awkwardly and I was thinking "oh shit, this could go downhill". Then they paired off, and guys went to the floor and we went to lots of one on one exchanges and things just got better and better from there, and what we actually wound up with was an all action superb four way, including a triple Fallaway Slam which I thought was kinda cool. It's about what you expect from these four guys. Great opener.

Sweet Daddy P. df. Solar

Sweet Daddy P. was Chris Renfrew playing a pimp. This match was good big vs. little stuff. And this WAS big vs. little. Solar is not a big man by any stretch of the imagination, but kid has guts, and toyed with Renfrew. This led to him getting totally BEASTED~~~!!! for a good while and the win wound up being comfy, although Solar did get a few scares in there. It was a real fun match.

Britain's Most Wanted df. Weapons of Mass Destruction to win the SWA Tag Team Championships

The match was pretty short. Which I think is understandable. The Bomb's legs looked a bit fucked with the way he was walking. Not much of a match to speak of here.

Mikey Whiplash df. Johnny Kidd to retain the NWA Scottish Heavyweight Championship

I can't remember ever being so mesmerized by someone wrestling as I was by Johnny Kidd in this match. Some of the stuff he and Whiplash were doing was just on another level completely, and Kidd especially just brought it in spades. Absolutely amazing stuff to watch, and the best match of the night.

Jack "Ginger" Gallagher df. Lewis Girvan

Now then.

Going into the show, if asked what match would have a white hot crowd, would you have picked this one? Probably not. It kinda started with some disgruntled fans not wanting Lewis Girvan to win, and then when the Lewis chants got going, a big portion of the audience started chanting "GINGER! GINGER!" and it just went from there, and as the match went on, the crowd got more and more partizan, and when Gallagher got the win, the fucking ROOF came off! The entire match was just such a joy to watch from that perspective. I love when a crowd is just COMPLETELY into what they're watching. The match itself... I was distracted I have to say, but for once, that was a good thing.

Fiona Frazer df. Nikki Storm

The fans weren't as into this. Some even completely shat on it. It was okay I thought. Felt like a comedown match for the main event which I guess it was.

John "The Bomb" Graham wins the BattleZone and becomes #1 Contender to the NWA Scottish Heavyweight Championship.

Number of things....

* Hope The Bomb is at 100% or at least closer to it when he faces Whiplash. I like The Bomb. A truly likeable monster. Not enough of them.

* Kudos to Lewis Girvan for coming out and giving the fans what's what for earlier. Jack Gallagher's entry got a MASSIVE pop, and even the Girvan fans seemed to be converted.

* Chris Renfrew pimp slapping someone over the top rope. Nice.

* Jam O'Malley was popular with this audience which was good. Most of the guys who were over in this match were wrestling earlier in the show, so this was nice to see.

* Euan Mackie. Fuck sake man.

* The battle of The Lowlanders was nice to see. Nice nod to the past and they did quite a lot with each other. Grado's entrance was fantastic too. He seems like a star right now.

* Jackie Polo did something good. Nicking one of the bar arseholes' drinks.

* The Bomb totally did a Kane and eliminated everything in sight when he got into the ring. Including Mark Coffey who Johnny Kidd put over earlier. I thought that was a bit weird that he turned out to be just fodder.

Cracking BattleZone with lots of fun moments and exactly what I expected going in.

It was a hot crowd, good show with a couple of genuine crackers and I absolutely loved it.

The matches were decided this afternoon by Zero1's Mr Nakamura as part of European Challenge. The challenge started this afternoon with a Zero1 style training camp and this evenings series of matches are part of the challenge. Over the next few days a winner will be announced to join on an upcoming tour with them.

Zero1's NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Championship will be on the line with the Big Hangovers defending against the Coffey's, but aside from that and Johnny Kidd versus Dunbar no other match was announced due to the nature of the challenge, though Jack Gallagher versus Mikey Whiplash was confirmed this afternoon.

Going from poor memory and maybe not in the right order

Friday night:

Joe Coffey bt Liam Thomson, BT Gunn and Dickie Divers

Big daddy P bt Solar

BMW bt WMD for titles

Mikey Whiplash bt Jonny Kidd

Jack Gallacher bt Lewis Girvan

Fiona Fraser bt Nicky Storm

John the bomb Graham won Battlezone and will challenge for the title next time in Motherwell

Saturday night couldn't really hear ring announcer so here is what I heard and remember

Jackie Polo, Nathan Black and dude that looks like bane that I think is Timm Wyllie bt Futureshock Tom something, Alex I think Cavanagh and some guy with an orange vest who didn't do much

Angelnaut bt La Pulga and something Sanchez(all from SWA Spain)

Paul Tracey bt El Tecnico who was billed from Australia and pretty good

Mikey Whiplash bt Jack Gallacher

Liam Thomson bt Wild Boar

Jonny Kidd bt Glen Dunbar

Sean Maxer and Jordan Devlin bt the Coffeys

Jack Gallacher was great both nights but Mikey Whiplash must be one of the most complete wrestlers anywhere. He had possibly the best match both nights although the tag main event was cracking. Jonny Kidd for a 57 year old can still go as good as anyone. Really crisp and fluid wrestling and kept a constant pace real joy to watch. I don't go to many shows these days but seen two cracking shows this weekend that make me wonder why.

Seen as Jack Gallagher was last week involved in a Farewell match in FSW as it was announced he was going to Japan in the new year, I guess that accounts for at least one spot.

Maybe!

Looks like Mark Coffey (SWA, ICW among others this year) has been announced as well.

For anyone who doesn't know of him, there's a video of Mark and brother Joe Coffey up from last weekend.

Archived