F8 Conference

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

Is anyone watching this on FB right now? Zuckerberg is talking about the next level that FB is going to i.e. everyone in your friends list being able to see what you are watching, reading, listening to, Eating?! etc.

With the addition of Timeline (Which will run from the day you were born to now in order). It feels really Truman Show, they are stopping short of mentioning that it will turn on your webcam and watch your every move. I'm seriously considering cutting down all of my 'Friends' to just close family or leaving it altogether.

Also, Zuckerberg is an awful presenter. You can see it here: https://www.facebook.com/f8?sk=app_283743208319386

Thoughts?

If I hadn't already cut down my Facebook usage, and signed up to Google+, this would have pushed me over. I don't understand this constant need for change, and complexity. I require a simple social network. I don't want a life timeline, and I don't want everyone to know everything! It's bad enough now, with the horrible chat sidebar and the annoying updates 'Person X commented on Person-You-Don't-Even-Know's status - Hey!'. I DON'T CARE!

Is anyone watching this on FB right now? Zuckerberg is talking about the next level that FB is going to i.e. everyone in your friends list being able to see what you are watching, reading, listening to, Eating?! etc.

A lot of people update their status with that stuff anyway plus how the hell will it know any of that unless you update it yourself?

Archived