New Scene Wrestling Presents ...Sunday 6th November

FishAndChips

It was a very enjoyable show, I was not totally familiar with all the wrestlers appearing but as best as I can remember the results were as follows -

Timm Wylie 1-0 Andy Wild

BT Gunn & Shaun David beat Wild Boar & Eddie Dennis disq.

Mark Andrews 1-0 Noam Dar

Ryan Smile & Pete Dunn 1-0 The Hunter Brothers

Shanna 1-0 The Alpha Female

Marty Scurll 1-0 Zack Sabre Jr

It was a good show, but missed the first match.

BT Gunn looked very impressive in his tag match. The match was really good but it was a shame it ended in DQ, would of been better with a clean finish, especially since after the bell Hammer and Gunn delivered their finishes and decisively left their opponents on the floor.

Andrews and Dar ended up being a falls count anywhere, which in all honesty I don't think it played to each guys strengths as neither are brawlers. Good fun but think they could of had a better match if we kept the guys in the ring rather than fighting all over the building.

Hunters and Second City Collective had a great tag team match, Hunters won but were attacked after the bell. Then SCC cashed in some type of money in the bank thing to restart the match and get the win and make them number one contenders for WXW tag belts at the Davey vs Eddie show.

Shanna and Alpha Female had a decent women's match, never seen Alpha Female before but her character is pretty unique and really stands out, Shanna was also pretty good.

Marty and Zack had a hard hitting battle, it would of been good if it would of lasted a little longer to develop into a all out war, but it was very good for the time they had (about 15 mins). The finish wasn't that conclusive (a roll up after a series of back and forth near falls) but it probably needed to be that way since these guys are tag partners and both at the top of their game, so the result makes sense for the tag team moving forward and the loss doesn't hurt Zack due to the nature of it. I think down the line (maybe with a storyline behind it) these guys will have a true epic and this was like a sneak peak of what is to come.

The crowd wasn't that big (but it wasn't like the venue was empty) and there was a ok atmosphere, but a few more people might of helped improve the atmosphere. The whole show was good and Zack and Marty especially deserved more people watching it, but I guess when you run a Sunday evening show with people possibly unable to stay over for going to work on Monday and public transport being more limited than any other day, it will always be tough to draw too many people as there will be some who wont be able to attend no matter how much they would like to.

Good show for NSW, looking forward to the Davey vs Eddie show (when are we getting any more updates on that?) but it would be good if we could have future shows on a Saturday rather than a Sunday to mean more people could see it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived