NWA Hammerlock

Miles1978

Browsing on Facebook at various wrestling shows I came across one for NWA UK Hammerlock. To be held at the Corringham Village Hall on Sunday 17th July.

After attending the very well done Andre Baker Show back in May I was sort of wondering what to expect from this one....

They have 2 matches listed on their event page

Lazor Lagden vs Will Harper vs Kurupt

and the O'Rileys vs Seek 'N' Destroy

anyone know what I can expect from this show?

Browsing on Facebook at various wrestling shows I came across one for NWA UK Hammerlock. To be held at the Corringham Village Hall on Sunday 17th July.

After attending the very well done Andre Baker Show back in May I was sort of wondering what to expect from this one....

They have 2 matches listed on their event page

Lazor Lagden vs Will Harper vs Kurupt

and the O'Rileys vs Seek 'N' Destroy

anyone know what I can expect from this show?

Hi Miles

The Corringham event is a cadet show. Its main role is to showcase some of Hammerlock's up and coming wrestlers from the various schools we use (Dropkixx, Justin Richard's school of wrestling) mixed with some of NWA-UK's more established wrestlers.

The shows are geared towards a family audience and are a great way of seeing some new talent and some old favourites.

I will be posting a Hammerlock thread here tomorrow including news of Hammerlock's next big show scheduled for August which we're just finalising.....stay tuned!

Dean

Www.nwahammerlock.com

• 2 weeks later...

I went along to this show this evening, not bad at all for the price paid! set up looked good seeing as it was a cadet show. With camoflage curtains and ring skirts. Crowd were a bit of a let down, 35 I'd say.

O'Rileys Tag Team promo to start the show

Dan Eels defeated Mountain Stew

Dan Eels was accomponied by Tough Tony. This bout was ok. Stew still needs a lot of work. Tough Tony done his role really well, He was the only one in this match who worked the crowd. Gotta admit Stew was better comparing to his match with Devin Byrne at Dropkixx.

Devin Byrne defeated Tough Tony, Josh Faulkner and El Gato

bit odd this one. was billed as a fatal four way, yet it was tag in rules. We had the two faces (Faulkner and El Gato) in one corner and the heels (Byrne and Tony) in the other. Not so sure about El Gato really looked off at points Devin Byrne just puzzled me he was accomponied by Lucas Jackson - who I had seen wrestle at Dropkixx in Ilford, he played his role really well. Tough Tony was accomponied by Dan Eels. Byrne went over, after the match Tough Tony and Dan Eels brawled. I had never seen Tony wrestle before this but was really impressed, as with Faulkner who gets better everytime I see him he had the quiet crowd rowdy and ready for more!

Seek N' Destroy defeated The O'Rileys

Really fun tag match this was, The O'Rileys have great chemistry as a tag team as do Seek N' Destroy. This match led into the interval.

The Albright Brothers defeated The Scotsmen

I really genuinley enjoyed this match, however one thing that held this match back was Bradley (I think thats his name) Albright. He really did just hold it back, everything is wrong with him he was out of shape and just looked confused. It was great to see Barry Ryan again though, he always entertains me with his pure skill. The Scotsmen are in my opinion one of the best tag teams I've seen at a Brit-Wres show, why they are not known on the UK scene is beyond me. After the match the Albrights challenged Seek N' Destroy, out they came and said they have to go through the O'Rileys. que The O Rileys which leads to a brawl in the ring.

Hannah?? defeated Jezabeth

Womens match, wait let me rephrase that. Very Young girls match. Runining what had been a quality show thus far. Jezabeth was simply irritating with her constant high pitched screams, why she does this I do not know. None belong near a ring.

Kurupt defeated Will Harper and Lazer Lagden

Triple Threat main event for the NWA Title. Crowd really weren't into this however they popped for all the big spots, such as moonsaults to the outside etc. Kurupt delivered some brutal chops to Lagden in the match. Will Harper has made some improvement since I saw him at Dropkixx in June. However I still don't think he belongs in the main event. Kurupt submitted Lagden with a lion tamer type move.

Overall I was generally impressed. I will for sure be attending the August 27th bill in Cheshunt.

Archived