B.E.W.A Presents - A Heroes Welcome

Sounds Like you enjoyed yourself Dougie lol. Thank god i stayed at home after Kreese offered for me to go with him.

Yeah Fozzie, Stick to NGW or if Kreese offers DPW are well worth a look. We are doing the double header on August 6th/7th (Not Kreese & Melissa as i believe they will be in the States?).

I had seen a few of these guys before, including Zammo and Woz, and to say they are any good would be a lie.

As much as I would have travelled to see guys on this show like Stixx and Bubblegum, I won't support companies that book talentless twats like the guys I mentioned earlier, even if the show is for a good charity.

Sounds Like you enjoyed yourself Dougie lol. Thank god i stayed at home after Kreese offered for me to go with him.

Yeah Fozzie, Stick to NGW or if Kreese offers DPW are well worth a look. We are doing the double header on August 6th/7th (Not Kreese & Melissa as i believe they will be in the States?).

I ve heard good things about DPW from Kreese sadly cant make the 6th but will be at NGW on the 7th aswell as the Academy show on the 10th July.

I ve heard good things about DPW from Kreese sadly cant make the 6th but will be at NGW on the 7th aswell as the Academy show on the 10th July.

Maybe you will get the chance to do DPW this winter? At the last show in Castleford EVERY match was a winner, including an amazing match between Mikey Whiplash & CJ Banks.

I had seen a few of these guys before, including Zammo and Woz, and to say they are any good would be a lie.

As much as I would have travelled to see guys on this show like Stixx and Bubblegum, I won't support companies that book talentless twats like the guys I mentioned earlier, even if the show is for a good charity.

Bubblegum no-showed :( You are right mate. They did have a few good workers on the show, Which made me think the show would have been better than it actually was. Sometimes you have to go to the bad shows to ensure you see the good ones, In the same way you do with football with the main difference being that wrestling shows are easier to predict, quality wise.

We are starting to learn our lessons & have now sussed out which promotions/wrestlers to follow within the Yorkshire area.

To be honest, I was at the show, and aside from a few not so great matches I thought it was highly enjoyable. Admittedly the first match wasn't so great, but the crowd reaction was amazing none the less.

I was at their last show and the workers were absolutely spot on, was a shame about the small venue but they more than made up for it this time round. It was good to see the cross fed work between BEWA, NGW and XWCA. Thankfully no involvement from RDW though, been to their shows in the past and they were rotten to say the least. Well... the shows they actually SHOW UP for themselves.

Personally I thought it was a good show, with a fantastic turn out. Maybe a few hiccups with certain workers, but overall I'd say a bloody good day!

To be honest, I was at the show, and aside from a few not so great matches I thought it was highly enjoyable. Admittedly the first match wasn't so great, but the crowd reaction was amazing none the less.

I was at their last show and the workers were absolutely spot on, was a shame about the small venue but they more than made up for it this time round. It was good to see the cross fed work between BEWA, NGW and XWCA. Thankfully no involvement from RDW though, been to their shows in the past and they were rotten to say the least. Well... the shows they actually SHOW UP for themselves.

Personally I thought it was a good show, with a fantastic turn out. Maybe a few hiccups with certain workers, but overall I'd say a bloody good day!

aside from a few not so great matches

It was a 6 match card, So at the very least half the matches were not good in your opininon? I went to the last RDW in Brigg, which was a fantastic show IMO. I have no axe to grind with BEWA, I just felt that the good crowd you mentioned deserveda bit better?

I have never been to a BEWA show, but know a lot of the talent from my former days as a wrestling student myself.

I was randomly talking to the owner of BEWA a week or so before the show, we don't really know each other but I'd commented on a post of there's that lead to a conversation. I told her then that the skill level between your top workers (likes of Stixx, Bubblegum, Dara, Myers) and the ones who, I think it's fair to say, need more training (Zammo, Woz, Del La Art) is way too big a gap to put on a overall solid show. Stixx could, and proberly did, tear the house down, but if minutes later you have a bunch of green trainee's, no matter how much effort they put into there matches, messing up spots or plan a match with no story then crowd is going to leave with a sour taste in there mouth and totally forget any good that was on the show.

I have no personal issue with BEWA, it's owner or any of the talent on there shows. Whenever I have met them they have always been nice enough people. But after reading reviews of this show I hope they trim the fat off there roster a bit. NGW has been brought up in this trend, as a top company in the area, and as I told the company owner, NGW only got itself to the next level after either trimming (or retraining) the greener members of it's roster, myself included. This way no one would stink up with show. There is not a single bad member of the NGW roster and I believe if BEWA wants to succeed as a company it needs to do the same.

EDIT: Also, I second Dougie on this, I've never been to an unemployable RDW show so far.

As far as I know the few workers who were a bit green round the edges are waiting for a new training school to open in the area. NGW is a great school from what i've heard, but hull is a little far to go everyweek expense wise. RDW (or rather GWA as it now known) isn't much of an option baring in mind the way the head trainer seems to think it appropriate to abuse his students aswell as him being an unsafe trainer. Several serious back injuries as a result of his dilapidated ring and training regime are just the start of the problem.

Aswell as ruining the reputation for ALL wrestling feds in the area due to him not paying his training venues he's the top of most people's shit list, although previous actions by one Ron Wilkinson (AKA Urban Warrior - PWA) hasn't helped with non payment to show venues. At the end of the day, all of the crowd feed back was excellent, with the exception of what's been said on here with the addition of one person on this thread being a cousin of RDW's head trainer, I think the motive behind the slating is rather clear.

As far as I know the few workers who were a bit green round the edges are waiting for a new training school to open in the area. NGW is a great school from what i've heard, but hull is a little far to go everyweek expense wise. RDW (or rather GWA as it now known) isn't much of an option baring in mind the way the head trainer seems to think it appropriate to abuse his students aswell as him being an unsafe trainer. Several serious back injuries as a result of his dilapidated ring and training regime are just the start of the problem.

I'm happy to say I personally always learnt something and enjoyed myself every training session I had with Steve Sykes when he ran the NGW school for the short time he was head trainer. But I know a lot of people are not a fan of his rough and tough style of training or him personally. I could mention the true shitarse-ness of Urban Warrior, but it's too easy to do so.

I know it's not always easy to afford to travel to training, but if someone who is still green (about 80% of UK wrestlers) they need to have some kind of training on a regular basis. A booking every month or so is not enough.

Guess as long as most of the fans enjoyed themselves, the workers were paid (or at the least the who were working for a wage) and the venue was paid then that's all that matters.

Aswell as ruining the reputation for ALL wrestling feds in the area due to him not paying his training venues he's the top of most people's shit list, although previous actions by one Ron Wilkinson (AKA Urban Warrior - PWA) hasn't helped with non payment to show venues. At the end of the day, all of the crowd feed back was excellent, with the exception of what's been said on here with the addition of one person on this thread being a cousin of RDW's head trainer, I think the motive behind the slating is rather clear.

New forum user, two posts and two ridiculous rants about how bad a promotion and training school RDW run. So... I’m guessing that either you are either one of the t-shirt wearing wrestlers from the above mentioned show or part of their team. It's also funny that just two weeks ago two “wrestlers” from the above mentioned show turned up at a RDW/GWA training session and during a training match decided to “stiff” and chop a 15 year old student.

As far as the BEWA shows are concerned I cant comment as I've never seen one (and to the best of my knowledge neither has my imaginary cousin), but considering that half the card have trained with RDW/GWA at one time or another gives me a good idea. It's funny when you think about it because these same students have been and quit from at least three wrestling schools in the region and only wrestle for the one company.

With regards to XWCA and NGW it's no secret that I have had issues with both in the past, however that is nothing to do with anyone on this forum. That being said, the quality of both of their shows are very good, they use top workers as well as top local talent, their production values are of a good standard and the overall experience of their events continue to grow. On top of that both companies are very proud of what they do and very passionate about their shows. Both are a credit to themselves and professional wrestling.

As for a dilapidated ring, serious injuries and student abuse you forgot to mention running over pensioners in the ring van, pulling wings off butterflies and stealing babies dummies. Of course we have had injuries occur at training, this is professional wrestling. Injuries can and will happen, however we do everything we can to prevent them and should the worst happen we make sure we do everything we can to make sure the injured is taken care of efficiently and professionally. Things such as risk assessments, insurance (coaches, students and public liability), fist aid coaches and much more besides. Our ring is highly maintained and above anything else safe.

With regards to making up bullshit please try harder, if you try really really really hard you may even be able to convince yourself of what you are writing.

Yes, I've screwed up with regards to RDW and GWA (especially recently), but at the end of the day we all make mistakes, we don't jump on a fan-forum's bitching and slagging other people off because we fucked up and it makes us feel better.

Archived