Fat lad in lycra !

Fat Boy Mendoza

Fellow UKFFers,

On Sunday 10th July 2011 I will be pulling on the lycra and dusting off my toe clips for the Manchester to Blackpool Charity Cycle Ride. The ride is about 60 miles in distance and as previous years there are expected to be over 10,000 cyclists taking part.

I will be donating any sponsorship money that I raise to The Meningitis Trust

The reason I have chosen the Meningitis Trust as my charity is due to the story of Charlie Mann who sadly lost his life to meningitis aged just 3 months back in October 2010. Charlie's Dad Chris has been a friend and a colleague for many years and Charlie's story is extremely sad.

Charlie's mum Katy has been writing a blog since October which you can read here . It is absolutely heartbreaking.

The blog has had major media coverage after being featured in The Mail On Sunday and has also been re-tweeted by many celebrities on Twitter. Katy has also done many newspaper and radio interviews to highlight the dangers of meningitis and how to spot the symptoms.

Although the money we raise won't help Chris and Katy with what they have lost we hope it will go a long way to ensure that other parents don't go through the same ordeal.

Thanks for reading, any donation that you can give will be a great help.

If you would like to donate please click here

Archived