Mobile Phone Coverage

NorthSeaTiger

Well I will be moving house in next couple of weeks to a village slightly further north than Aberdeen city. My parents live there so i have been out a few times to see them and have noticed i have NO phone signal on my IPhone when there.

So I phoned O2 just now and was told that basically I had signed a contract, they didnt have a good reception so tough shit. Its not like it is the middle of nowhere, its only 5 miles from the nearest big town and is on a few mins, literally, from the main Aberdeen-Inverness road....

So I will have just under a year left on my contract, unable to use my phone unless i go out and about.

Any ideas or info I can use? Surely thats not right that they can throw there hands up and say "Tough, you signed. Deal with it"? I will be paying for a phone I can barely use, unless I drive somewhere with better coverage. Fair enough I did sign a contract, but surely in these circumstances they would help out? Its their fault I aint got a signal.... Bastards..

Under normal circumstances [3 obviously] you can get out of a contract due to their signal being a laughable joke absolutely everywhere in the country. But you signed an O2 contract at your current residence, moving has nothing to do with them and you probably wouldn't win a get out ruling from the provider as they have no duty of service towards your new home.

O2 aren't the best reception wise, but it could be your phone. My wife and I both have O2 contracts and live in Inverurie, she gets a great signal in the house, I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2 bars. She's got a Blackberry, I've got an Iphone.

Archived