WAR: Danger Zone - Rugby, Warwickshire

birdofprey

Taken from the local press:

Bodyslams and Buzzcuts as WAR Wrestling features 'Hair vs. Hair'

On Saturday 23rd April, wrestling talent from across the country will come together for an event of fast paced, hard hitting, pile driving action!

The trained professionals will be lacing their boots once again as The Wrestling Association of Rugby (WAR) presents DANGER ZONE.

Amongst the card of fan favorites are the current tag team champions The Ocean Brothers, who will be defending their belts against three different teams. Amongst these teams, one of the most dominant duos in the UK today, former tag champions Special Forces. When asked about this title opportunity, one half of The Forces - 'The B52' Lance Corporal - had this to say:

"I don't care what it takes or how many people I have to go through I will regain the title that is rightfully mine. And all those pipsqueaks in the crowd can come and boo me as much as they like, I will still make all competitors my casualties of war!"

There will also be a first for WAR, a 'Hair vs. Hair' match. In this match, decided by pinfall or submission, the winner will be given the opportunity to shave the head of his opponent live, in front of all the fans. Not shaken by the embaressing prospect, fan-favorite Xander Cooper is excited to be a part of the match:

"Jack London has been a thorn in Rugby's side ever since he showed up and I can't wait to hear the crowd cheer as I shave him bald."

With over 5 matches on the night, including tag team contests and a Heavyweight title defence

The first few matches have just been announced for Danger Zone.

Hair vs. Hair

Xander Cooper vs. 'Old School' Jack London - One man will have his locks cut live on 23rd April, will Xander lose his 'do or will Jack drop the 'fro?

'The Red Tiger' Axel Bowen vs. Chris Ocean

Nero Classic vs. 'The Freedom Fighter' Eddie Sky

4 Team WAR Tag Team Title Match

The Ocean (Hunter) Brothers vs. Special Forces vs. The Judge & The Executioner vs. Iggy Taylor & Joey Spektor

More matches to be announced...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived