Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

EBWOP: Looking at the roles that are left aside from mine, I don't think there are ANY which would automatically confirm a player as town, they'd all have their use to the scum in some way or other.

Wrong!

A cop would so long as we don't have a framer in the game.

I am going to have to roleclaim soon, as we don't have much time left to organise a vote, and I won't stand by and watch Snake get lynched.

Actually if the scum managed to nab the cop role that would prevent it from getting into the hands of the town, meaning it's incredibly useful to them.

Why did I chose a scum role?

Who said Rolecop was a scum role? Sure it's useful to them, but it's also useful to the town in terms of working out who has the vigilante roles (for example, if town players continually die we know that said role has possibly gotten into the hands of scum.)

I think in every other game I have played in it has always been a scum role.

I can't think of anytime my role has been on a town side.

You are right about it being useful to town though.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EBWOP:

unvote

If Snake IS a cop, and he IS town voting him would be stupid. I don't know if I buy all of this, but I don't want to take any risks either.

I never said Snake is a cop, or haven't hinted at his role, except to say I believe him to be town and his role could be important for us.

That is not to say he isn't the cop, or that he is the cop, but please don't assume things and put them out there like it looks like that is what I am claiming when I am not.

I have just read through the last few pages and Snake is away till Monday but doesn't say what time.

I am worried he will be lynched, partly down to my poor play, as well as a tight deadline and a small amount of players available to put votes in and some of them possibly scum.

So sorry Snake, but I am going to reveal your role, but hope you understand why.

Snake is our bulletproof player.

He can only be killed by lynch or bomb, so as long as he doesn't get lynched or put in the last vote, scum and vigilantes can't kill him.

Do you really have enough evidence on Snake to prove he is not town and lose one of the few players scum can't kill?

It doesn't prove he is town but I can't see anything scummy about him at this moment and don't want to lose that role.

• Paid Members
I have just read through the last few pages and Snake is away till Monday but doesn't say what time.

I am worried he will be lynched, partly down to my poor play, as well as a tight deadline and a small amount of players available to put votes in and some of them possibly scum.

So sorry Snake, but I am going to reveal your role, but hope you understand why.

Snake is our bulletproof player.

He can only be killed by lynch or bomb, so as long as he doesn't get lynched or put in the last vote, scum and vigilantes can't kill him.

Do you really have enough evidence on Snake to prove he is not town and lose one of the few players scum can't kill?

It doesn't prove he is town but I can't see anything scummy about him at this moment and don't want to lose that role.

Right, then why did you suggest Snake was a cop?

• Paid Members
EBWOP:

unvote

If Snake IS a cop, and he IS town voting him would be stupid. I don't know if I buy all of this, but I don't want to take any risks either.

I never said Snake is a cop, or haven't hinted at his role, except to say I believe him to be town and his role could be important for us.

That is not to say he isn't the cop, or that he is the cop, but please don't assume things and put them out there like it looks like that is what I am claiming when I am not.

EBWOP: Looking at the roles that are left aside from mine, I don't think there are ANY which would automatically confirm a player as town, they'd all have their use to the scum in some way or other.

Wrong!

I am going to have to roleclaim soon, as we don't have much time left to organise a vote, and I won't stand by and watch Snake get lynched.

• Paid Members

Although you DID retract what you said quite quickly after I unvoted, I've just noticed. I can't decide whether that was an unintentional innuendo (regarding the "cop") or it was an attempted claim, followed by a quick "oh shit! What if the real cop sees this?!" realization.

EBWOP:

unvote

Wrong!

So I can't correct a factually wrong statement without it implying anything?

I didn't imply anything, you thought you had something and jumped the gun, wrongly I might add.

• Paid Members

You don't think scum would have chosen bulletproof? Really?

With the vigilantes in this game, you don't think scum would've chosen bulletproof?

You're so naive, SMS.

unvote

Snake, if you confirm this, you won't be lynched.

• Paid Members

Vote Count

Snake Plissken (5) - swiftstrike, bristep123, unfitfinlay, Kenny McBride, Ron Simmons

swiftstrike (2) - Chris B, Lion of the Midlands

SMS (1) - spotlightmagnet1

Lion of the Midlands (1) - SMS

Not Voting:

tom, brownie, Carbomb MA, Snake Plissken, Nexus

With 14 Alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline: 7pm Monday 28th March

• Paid Members

Given what is claimed about Snake, for now I'll hold off on any vote on him, although as Nexus says bulletproof doesn't mean he's not scum but I would like to see Snake's response to SMS's claim first before I do anything relating to him. Didn't realise we were so close to the deadline so it's time for me to put a vote down. Lion's "vote for me, I'm a town martyr" on-the-cross attitude still worries me and like I've previously said it could be a ploy to avoid being voted for; also there's the way he reacted to TDK's PM stuff in which he flat-out said there was nothing else to add to Mike's example PM whereas I always mentioned there was a quote and TDK did accuse him of an attempted stitch-up, and don't forget his take-my-ball-home attitude about being under suspicion. So therefore :

VOTE Lion_of_the_Midlands

You don't think scum would have chosen bulletproof? Really?

With the vigilantes in this game, you don't think scum would've chosen bulletproof?

You're so naive, SMS.

unvote

Snake, if you confirm this, you won't be lynched.

Call me naive, stupid, etc but I have a feeling he is town.

At the very least we more evidence before we lynch what could be a very important role for town.

I could be wrong, but lynching a main role on a day like this when we have had little discussion and players have days away from the game, lynching Snake this early in the game could do huge damage to the town.

Lynch someone else then interrogate him tomorrow.

All this changes is that Snake went from being scum to bulletproof scum as far as I'm concerned. A confirmed bulletproof essentially becomes vanilla because the role is negated (since nobody will now target him unless they want to test the claim). I say the lynch is still a valid one, the Lion flip serves nothing if it's a mislynch whereas the Snake one at least would confirm SMS's role. I get the feeling Snake will be flipping scum, bulletproof or not though.

Archived