North East Wrestling Society - 25 March - Abbey Leisure Centre, Durham

fye

North East Wrestling Society make their debut at Abbey Leisure Centre in Durham in less than 4 weeks on Friday, 25th March. The inaugural Tag Team Champions, Fast & Furious (Max Heat & AJ Anderson), will not be defending their newly earned Tag Team Championships as half of the team, Max Heat, is in NEWS British Championship Tournament duty against Highlander. Ironically, Highlander advanced to the Quarter Final stage by defeating Heat's Fast & Furious team mate AJ Anderson on the first ever NEWS show last May. Heat stunned the crowd in Peterlee recently when the high flyer dived from a 20 foot balcony onto most of the NEWS roster moments before AJ Anderson grabbed the Tag Team Championship belts from above the ring in an epic ladder match against Full Pack.

Also in the NEWS British Championship Tournament Quarter Finals on this show are Micky Long versus El Ligero and Iain Robinson versus Martin Kirby. Full Pack (Long & Robinson) beat Project Lucha (Ligero & Kirby) en route to finishing runners up in the NEWS Tag Team Championship Tournament and with them pairing off in singles action it will be interesting to see if Long & Robinson can repeat their victories.

Also, a multiple champion in Scotland is returning to NEWS as BT Gunn heads down to take on 'The Tyneside Titan' Lowthian. Gunn was beaten by the Geordie Juggernaut in another company last year but has been on a great run since then, adding more championship gold to an already impressive CV. Lowthian, however, is fast making a name for himself in the north east scene in general and will be keen to repeat his win over BT Gunn.

Finally, NEWS have arranged for a special defence of the BCW Tag Team Championships in lieu of a NEWS Tag Team Championship match. BCW Tag Team Champions (at this time) Blaze & Rampage, are scheduled to compete on this show and their opponents will be named shortly.

As always the card is subject to change. Tickets are

BCW Tag Team Championship challengers announced....

Blaze & Rampage to defend their titles against Order of Chaos members Cameron Kraze & Prince Ameen.

Camel is right, i have been round the venue area today flyering and buses are coming and going from all over to the arnison centre which is a hundred yards from the venue

as i live (give take) 5 miles south of Arnison Centre the bus from Newcastle/Gateshead will be the 21 and that stops next to a small garage set-up at Pity Me. you'll need to walk along the road goin behind said garage for about 5 mins til you get to a roundabout, carry on goin over til you see another roundabout and Abbey LC should be on left.

Fye, all the buses you'll have seen were Arriva, mainly doin Durham-Arnison-Durham or the Go-Ahead 50 from South Shields to Durham but that stops after a certain time.

I have noticed buses from Darlington, Newcastle and a few others round the area while I have been flyering, hope some of you can make it as it is a very impressive card, even in my biased opinion I am sure people would be hard pressed to disagree

Quick results (full report may not follow due to lack of internet - these results are done on my phone)

Lowthian beat BT Gunn with assistance from his new ally Julian Werther Chambers

Gorilla Warfare beat AJ Anderson (should have been an AJ win via DQ)

El Ligero beat Micky Long

Martin Kirby beat Iain Robinson

Max Heat beat Highlander. Highlander then went nuts attacking Max Heat, then the onrushing AJ Anderson, then members of the event staff when they tried to help them. North east wrestling legend Iceman - who was in attendance and had been goaded by Highlander throughout the match - rushed in and destroyed Highlander with a clothesline, knee, cannonball combination

Blaze & Rampage beat Order of Chaos (Ameen & Kraze) to retain the BCW Tag Team Championships

About 80 in attendance

Archived