PBW Live in Barrhead - Saturday 2nd April 2011

PBW_ROSS

That is a great main event to be bringing to Barrhead. I will be looking forward to this contest.

Well, I've already been thinking I need to widen my circle of local companies that I attend. If I can sort out transport from the South Side, I'll be there (and possibly may bring my infamous bright neon pink signs)

Taken from pbwwrestling.com

'With PBWs 2011 outing in Barrhead now only one month away and an exciting championship match already confirmed we can now announce that a further two matches have been added to the card with 3 still to be announced later in the month.

PBW tag team champions The Final Cut have been growing in confidence with a string of impressive displays including a recent victory of Andy Anderson and Joe Coffee in Greenock. One man has since stepped forward and issued a challenge to the champions. Former PBW heavyweight champion Wolfgang has challenged The Final Cut to a tag title match in Barrhead and some may be surprised by his choice of partner. Wolfgang has choose none other than Barrhead's own Davey Miller to partner him on April 2nd claiming after 2 years of hard work training with the SPWA he deserves his chance and why not give him that right in front of the very people that have been supportive of his training since day one.

Also just signed to take place is a match that will see two of the hottest young prospects in north England today compete against each other in singles action. Fans will remember Andy 'The Saint' Smith who appeared in Dumbarton at the end of last year in a tag team contest against The Final Cut. This time Smith will have his work cut out for him once again as he takes on the intimidating force that is Lowthian. Both men trained at CRW based in Newcastle and know each other well. PBW fans in Barrhead are sure to be in for an exciting match as these two do battle in a bid to build their reputation north of the border.

Card so far -

PBW CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - BT Gunn© vs 'The Guvnor' Martin Stone

PBW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH - The Final Cut© with Carmel vs Wolfgang and Davey Miller

Andy 'The Saint' Smith vs Lowthian

TICKETS ON SALE NOW PRICED AT ONLY

I have never heard of Lowthian before. It is always good to see in PBW that they showcase new talent here in Scotland that have not been on Scottish shows before. Also i am very pleased for Davey Miller from the SPWA getting a shot on a PBW event and it is a very big opportunity for him getting to tag alongside Wolfgang one of the most experienced veterans of the Scottish scene and get a tag team title shot on your debut! Upset with a big celebration in Barrhead for the hometown debutee would be a great feelgood moment. :thumbsup:

This is probably going to be the second last time before Stone heads over to work for Vince. But I'm proper gutted I'm going to miss this, going to be ripping up the Alps.

Also want to wish luck to Davey Miller. Seen him on a lot of the Gym Wars and he's looking good. Hopefully this is a sign of even better things to come.

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone got any predictions?

I'm guessing BT will beat Stone, for obvious reasons, such as Stone going to the WWE and BT having just won the title, don't think Wolfgang and Davey will win the titles, but, Wolfgang has been on a short streak as of late so who knows he may grab the tag titles or if Ross-man brings in an Openweight-type championship, he could pick that up! Don't know who the other two guys are, but, so far the card looks good :)

'With PBW's return to Barrhead Sports Centre now less than two weeks away and 3 huge matches already signed including BT Gunns first title defence, we are now pleased to announce a fourth match has been added to the card that will see two of Scotlands most in demand wrestlers go head to head for the first time ever in Barrhead. On Saturday the 2nd of April it will be former PBW champion Lionheart taking on Red Lightning.

Card so far -

* PBW CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - BT Gunn© vs 'The Guvnor' Martin Stone

* PBW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH - The Final Cut© with Carmel vs Wolfgang and Davey Miller

* Lionheart vs Red Lightning

* Andy 'The Saint' Smith vs Lowthian

Tickets available now at Barrhead Sports Centre reception priced at only

'With our return to Barrhead Sports Centre now only days away we can reveal the last two matches to be signed plus we have been forced to change the main event due to circumstances outwith our control.

##STONE OUT

We have just been informed by Martin Stone that he will be unable to attend this weekends show in Barrhead. As many of you know Stone has been waiting for knee surgery for sometime now and he has informed us that that will now take place this Saturday which sadly means he is unable to wrestle BT Gunn. We know that Stone needs this surgery if he is to take the next step in his impressive career and would like to wish him all the best.

With this in mind PBW management have searched high and low for a suitable replacement and have found one. A man who has wrestled all over the world including two recent tours of Japan for the exciting new company 'Smash'. This Saturday will see Paul Tracey return to PBW as he once again has the chance to win PBW gold when he takes on BT Gunn.

Also added to the card is a match that will feature 'Unstoppable' Andy Wild as he takes on newcomer Joe Coffee. Since the recruitment of TJ Rage by Charles Boddington Wild has been on a roll beating Scottish talent Stevie Xavier and Anthony Christie and also making his debut in America just a few weeks ago. Coffee though is no easy match for Wild. He has been breaking out all over Scotland in recent months and is tipped by many to go onto great things in the future. Two hungry young fighters. Who wanst it more ? Who will prevail ? Find out this Saturday in Barrhead.

The final match to be added to Barrhead will see Davey Blaze finally get his chance at revenge when he takes on 'Old Skool' Colin Mckay in singles competition. Mckay has been on a one man war against the students of The SPWA which started last November when he powerbombed Davey Blaze through a table in Dumbarton in an unprovoked attack. This is sure to be a hard hitting affair with both men clearly having a point to prove.

Full card for this Saturdays event in Barrhead is as follows

* PBW CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - BT Gunn

Archived