CRW Infamous - Saturday, March 19th - Temple Park Leisure Centre

CRW

Some quick results.

Liam Thompson bt Perfect Purdie

Micky Mann bt Freddie Fury

El Striko & Nic Nicholson won a Tag Team Gauntlet match, last eliminating The Minto Brothers

BT Gunn bt Cohash McQuade & Caden in a triple threat match.

Martin Kirby by Con-Argh Stiches

Jason Daniels bt Ross Saxon via DQ

Assassin bt The Saint, Lionheart & Lowthian in a fatal 4 way

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Travelled far to this show and found it to be a big disapointment. The crowd didn't seem to care at any point in night and none of the wrestlers really made much of an effort to get them to be part of it.

Show in my opinion ran far to long I mean the main event finished at like 22.10, which alot of small kids had already left as it was to late for them.

A few wrestlers stood out in my opinion as trying to save the night and they tried their best the likes of Lionheart, Lowthian, Assassin, Kirby, BT Gunn and Mohmed Ameen. Only Lowthian I think is the stand out CRW original and thats my honest opinion.

This is my second CRW show and found it disapointing like the last show I took in.

what happend with that Fury guy did he punch some child in the front row? :laugh:

i could not disagree with you more i personally thought it was a solid effort of a show. yes there have been better shows from crw but to put on so many solid matches in a new venue for them selves i thought it was a good show.

particular highlights for me was liam bad boy thompson vs perfect purdie. i thought purdie who is a relitive newcomer held his own very well.

the main event was very enjoyable i really didnt see assassin coming out on top so that was a nice surprise.

the section 5 who attacked purdie i think could be an intresting angle.

jwc was funny as always. he worked really well with prince ameen.

Bt gunn caden and cohash mcquade had a really fun spotfest with some very good wrestling hold s thrown in.

all round real good show look forward to the show in morpeth if i can make it up there.

I agree with ashwednesdays comments thought show was good myself main event was awesome assasains dive was awesome as was lionhearts also enjoyed 3 way caden and cohash worked well with bt gunn the double orton hanging ddt by cohash was great tag gauntlet was a change of pace and I enjoyed it the beta bodies look 2 be over as ck edwards attacked purdie joining hotshot and the big man from ponteland show to form section 5 I thought the crowd seemed fine only 1 small prob no bar all in all a good nite out

Wow. That comment was a shock, totally wasnt expecting the first review to be a total disregard of what I thought was a very decent show, a lot going on and i felt i got my moneys worth.

And as for the length of the show, seeing as you seem to be such an IWF fan and claim to have been at their show the night before I'm told that finished at 10 too so whats the problem?

I just gave my opinion on the show, maybe the IWF show went on till 10 but it didnt feel like that and from what I can remember machoman people weren't walking out to go home, but last time I looked this was CRW infamous thread not an IWF one.

I'm not getting into an argument or trying to start anything I just didnt enjoy the show, All I am saying is the show for having so many big matches nobody really cared about them. Its great that you enjoyed the spotfest 3 way. I came out as I am a northeast wrestling fan but just didn't enjoy the show, sorry if you disagree with me not liking the show but its true.

didnt make the show last night as im going to morpeth instead, easier for me and the family to get to. sounds like it was a good show overall.

anyone got a better description of the show match wise?

and varsity villian is entitled to his opinion just as we all are.

hope it hasnt soured your experiance of crw as they have been producing some great shows as of late.

Of course it hasn't, I will be trying to attend morpeth today. I enjoy wrestling and the experience its just at the moment CRW have let me down the past 2 shows lets hope tonights better. Im glad there is so much wrestling in the northeast as its variety.

Of course it hasn't, I will be trying to attend morpeth today. I enjoy wrestling and the experience its just at the moment CRW have let me down the past 2 shows lets hope tonights better. Im glad there is so much wrestling in the northeast as its variety.

Totally agree Varsity. I attended the IWF show on Friday in Longbenton and the CRW show last night in Shields. Like you, I travelled a fair distance to attend the CRW show, but to be honest, I wish I hadn't bothered. I agree on almost all of your points. No way should the show have gone past 10pm. I honestly felt at one point like it was never going to end. I'm not going to say that the entire show was terrible, but mostly it was and the crowd just didn't seem into it at all which jarred from the IWF show the night before as the crowd was red hot for it all night long. Another point is the high ticket prices - come on CRW your not WWE, so stop charging ridiculous amounts to attend your shows! IWF charge about half of what CRW does and in my opinion they present a much stronger product overall. I attended two wrestling shows this weekend, and if I had to chose only one promotion to keep on watching, its going to be the IWF.

I would just want to take this time and say on behalf of the IWF that we appreciate your thoughts and reviews of our shows, although it should be noted if you want to post your thoughts of IWF please post them on our threads there is no need to have a opinion of whos better and flood up a thread - CRW and IWF both produce good wrestling shows and all of the CRW guys put in 110% they have passion to give you the best show they can produce, they are still new to running shows and you have some good and some bad you just learn from your mistakes, CRW will get better and better with time, so dont make early judgements yet keep attending all of the north east shows whether it being IWF, CRW, NEWS, 3CW as it will only make the north east scene stronger.

I wish all the best to CRW tonight and im sure you wont let the north east down. :)

I really wish I'd picked a different username name now. The show was dire, and despite the comments that they'd put in best efforts and taking out the equation what time it finished because I really don't feel that's relevant at all, it just wasn't a good show. Unfortunately I can't stress enough how much I agree with the stand out wrestlers on the card being all the imports and Lowthian. Big fish in a small pond comes to mind here.

I've never been to an IWF show so I can't really comment on that but top credit for the professionalism in the above post as opposed to the quickly edited post after a joke regarding a recent radio shambles earlier in this thread. The fact someone rated a match but then refferred to it as a "spotfest with some very good wrestling holds thrown in" shows a lot to me, if you have to rely on a spotfest and moves like the Canadian Destoryer for good ratings then maybe the problem falls to the training, if it's not then it's the wrestlers.

To summarise, individual opinions may not be liked or even important at the end of the day but when you have people leaving your shows before your main event there's a problem. Also if the roster (Freddie Fury) can't handle mouthy fans and just show another example of unprofessionalism then they shouldn't be on shows. Luckily the lad took it in his stride and part of the show but not sitting far from his mate I can tell you the rest of them knew and were furious about it, I'm glad they decided against "waiting for him after the show" cos that's the last thing CRW would've needed after that night. Final thing is obviously the ticket price which is ridiculous, while I'm not finished giving CRW yet another chance having to pay so much for a show like that is just extortionate. May give this IWF show in May a go cos of the comments between the two it seems to come recommended and also as IWF said above give the North East scene support. Besides that, if the rumours are true then why wouldn't I want to pay half the price for a much better show?

Very interesting to see a few "new fans" posting in the thread...

I'm all for fans (and again I use that term somewhat loosely considering the sheer ridiculousness of some of the statements) having their opinion but I did pick up on a few of the comments...

"All I am saying is the show for having so many big matches nobody really cared about them"

Aye, no bother. I don't know about you mate but I was actually there. I made a point to watch pretty much most of the matches and the crowd were into plenty of them, granted a couple more than others, but they were into them. Fuck knows what show you were watching

"Another point is the high ticket prices - come on CRW your not WWE, so stop charging ridiculous amounts to attend your shows! IWF charge about half of what CRW does and in my opinion they present a much stronger product overall. I attended two wrestling shows this weekend, and if I had to chose only one promotion to keep on watching, its going to be the IWF"

Sure it is, i'd keep watching PBW as well, working for them and all that ;) On the ticket price, clearly you are a highly experienced and well traveled "fan" to know that CRW are the ONLY company in the UK to be charging

Archived