The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Paid Members
Bloody hell - we were always going to be up against it, really. swiftstrike's one of the best players on the board, and bristep's quickly established himself as another. I didn't have a single read on either of you two. Maybe I just wasn't reading enough, but neither of you played particularly scummily from what I could see.

Yeah, I'd like to mod one, and with Mike gone for the mean-time, I'd like to suggest that we reach a general consensus in place of his making a formal decision.

I'm happy with whatever we do. I'd be OK with starting a new game now, I'd be OK with waiting.

As for swift, he had some suspicious moments and I suspected him, but I wondered if TMS (who I thought might be scum because of his play) was trying to drag down someone innocent alongside him. I was tempted to follow suit and follow FG's vote for swiftstrike, as I had a niggling worry TMS was just playing badly, but TMS just dug a deeper and deeper hole for himself and I felt I couldn't possibly justify not keeping my vote on him.

A fun game as Triple A said, but the town are long overdue a win here!

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I told you I had a good argument against Swift. Nobody believed me :(

That was an atrocious game for town. A fun one though.

I fingered swift and bristep, if only I'd had more time to get on here and push them last night

Oh, so we did lose. Thought as much. I don't mind waiting for Mike's suspension to finish, but I'd be equally OK with heading straight into FG's game.

I'm not actually noted down for a game at this time, but give me an hour and I can knock one up, I've got a theme, just need my set up finely tuned.

I'd be more than happy to run the next one if it's what people would like, anyone up for Super Mario Mafia?

First of all, sorry Snake but your plan confused me, so much so that I don't know if I still get it but can't be bothered to read again.

Sorry Trips, but I felt you were holding something back after I asked you to tell me everything, so that was one of the main reasons I lynched you.

If you had mentioned the win condition, which you posted you had just after the lynch, as well as saying you were a weak doctor I wouldn't have lynched you.

Sorry TMS, but I had never seen you post like that before, so that we know you can play like that please do it more often.

Very disappointed with how you threw in the towel at the end though.

I knew I would be lynced once Trips went so it came as no surprise.

Sorry to the mod for not messaging my leave of absence but that is the first time I have posted one and that is how I had seen others do it.

Will message you instead next time.

Even though I was voting for all the wrong reasons, I bloody damn well knew Swift was playing a scummy game, so I am very disappointed with town for not lynching him.

The only problem with Swift being lynched as scum would have mean't that poor TMS would have been lynched afterwards anyhow.

I had no clue about Bristep being scum, which I believe in part was due to him still being an unknown player, so it is still difficult to get a read on him.

I do feel I am getting a good read on a few players, hence why I buddied up to Trips, which was proven right but I screwed itup.

Please can other players start commenting more on peoples ideas, as when I posted about TMS and Swiftstrike being scum and Swift helping TMS, I think only those 2 commented on it.

We need to start saying what we think about others opinion, theories, ideas etc, even if it is I think that is rubbish, don't see it myself, not sure or even that is a good idea.

There wasn't even of us doing this to get any idea on who we could vote for so we pretty much had to try and cram something in at the last minute.

Next time I am put in a no lynch situation or voting for someone I don't want to, regardless of what role I am, I won't vote and won't let myself fall for that trick again.

Count me in as somebody who also didn't know the win condition had been edited into the original post.

Guess this is what happens when you don't set up a separate topic for sign ups and game.

Good game though everybody and I don't think we really did that bad when we were in such a small game with 2 of the best players I know as scum.

Damn you Swift and Bristep! :(

Oh, so we did lose. Thought as much. I don't mind waiting for Mike's suspension to finish, but I'd be equally OK with heading straight into FG's game.

I'm not actually noted down for a game at this time, but give me an hour and I can knock one up, I've got a theme, just need my set up finely tuned.

I'd be more than happy to run the next one if it's what people would like, anyone up for Super Mario Mafia?

EBWOP - Just seen Carbomb's thread, I'll just pop myself at the back of the queue

• Paid Members

Well done and congratulations to my scum buddy who if you have read the mafia thread was doing a hell of a job in there of building good solid cases that he never got to post, such a shame. Also TMS case on TripleA was well thought out and laid out logically it is such a disappointment to say that it saw only concluded that it couldn't have been him writing it.

For me Town MVP would have to go to SMS as he actually did the most towards scum hunting and questioning, even if I only felt the pressure because of TMS being so close to me that people felt we were connected at the hip, which is why we started a push back against him. And yes Trips you fingered me but for the wrong reasons and I swear if I hadn't been pushing you I probable would have not had that.

Still far to many town vs town arguments started by one person saying the the is scum and then the first reacts oh you must be scum rather than taking points into account and answering then or looking to see if that player is really scum or is just pushing/questioning you.

Like to make the point that I hope that INH is okay and that nothing to serious caused him to replace out as that would be a shame. and other than that it was a fun game playing scum again and different than the first time in being able to handle it a bit better.

--

I'm pretty sure win condition was up from the start of the game, didn't Nexus reference that at the end of the last game.

• Paid Members

When you are actually up that sounds as though it could be fun, go for it!

When you are actually up that sounds as though it could be fun, go for it!

I'm not as it stands, Mike seems to have some sort of system for Modding games, so I'll wait til he's back and stick it in the queue.

Just read the scum case on me and what to thank the S.O.B's for blowing me up into a million pieces otherwise I may have had a damn hard time defending myself if that case had been submitted.

You rotten bastards! ;b

At least it means I had you worried and was doing something right.

I had forgotten it was Nexus' game I had my meltdown in, so thanks Nexus for letting me take part, plus I now take a break away from the game if I feel I am getting too stressed and don't post as much as I was doing because I was getting too involved in the game.

I had more freetime and therefore took things personally and got annoyed when I was felt nobody was listening.

I promised it wouldn't happen again and it hasn't.

Nice to see Ron have a game without losing his temper too!

• Paid Members
And there you have it. The scum get the day lynch after being found out.

I presentmyour scum team, TripleA, Bristep123 & Carbomb.

TripleA for reasons already mentioned, Bristep who last time got involved and despite taking a day off was far too cagey implying he's a new scum not knowing how to play and Carbomb whose playing exactly like last time dipping in and out enough to sail under the radar.

I would suggest if one of those 3 isn't then you look at one of the two who joined me on e vote on A. Swift looking the most likely with the convenient hammer. I was also thinking TMS, I even left you a note via my comments to SMS. Although I would suggest you don't rush lynch tomorrow. You have one of 2 possibilities. Take the day and make sure you get the right one. at least if your getting nowhere then you have TripleA T the end of the day.

However just a side note, it is unlikely that if A is town that the scum will hit himmovernight thus setting him up for an easy lynch. So be wary.

Oh and piece of advice, if you try a new way of ensuring scum don't bother because you'll just be seen as scum. I have a bad feeling for all you sheep.

Good luck though and I'll see you all in the QT soon.

Called it. :rolleyes:

• Paid Members
Nice to see Ron have a game without losing his temper too!

YOU ARSEHOLE! HOW DARE YOU BRING UP SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!! IF I EVER MEET YOU IN REAL LIFE I-;)

Seriously though, it's easy to get frustrated in these games when people seemingly try to set you up. I think frustration probably led to TMS playing the game in the way that he did by the end. The WIFOM, the self-vote...all screams "frustrated ramblings" when you look back. Unfortunately at the time it read "scum!"

• Paid Members

TripleA for reasons already mentioned, Bristep who last time got involved and despite taking a day off was far too cagey implying he's a new scum not knowing how to play and Carbomb whose playing exactly like last time dipping in and out enough to sail under the radar.

I would suggest if one of those 3 isn't then you look at one of the two who joined me on e vote on A. Swift looking the most likely with the convenient hammer. I was also thinking TMS, I even left you a note via my comments to SMS. Although I would suggest you don't rush lynch tomorrow. You have one of 2 possibilities. Take the day and make sure you get the right one. at least if your getting nowhere then you have TripleA T the end of the day.

However just a side note, it is unlikely that if A is town that the scum will hit himmovernight thus setting him up for an easy lynch. So be wary.

Oh and piece of advice, if you try a new way of ensuring scum don't bother because you'll just be seen as scum. I have a bad feeling for all you sheep.

even a stopped clock is right twice a day, see TripleA for example :p

even a stopped clock is right twice a day, see TripleA for example :p

Yes, I love how getting 1 out of 3 right, getting the number of scum wrong, and naming the other scum as a possible substitute along with another town player constitutes "calling it" ;)

All it meant was that we kept Carbomb alive so that we wouldn't have the "all of Snake's suspects are dead bar one" point being raised. There's a reason good poker players don't show their hand when they fold Snake.

Archived