SOUTHSIDE present - 5TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW - 24th OCT - STEVENAGE

Southside crew

• Paid Members
It would make sense, it was booked for Feb but had to be rescheduled. I am sure Ben was always going to pull the trigger on this again at some point, who wouldn't?

I also booked it for May as well but 1PW said to Kris Travis they would put the belt on him and let him defend it against his all time hero Billy Gunn if he went with them and tbh he is a real good mate and I didn't want to stop him having that chance !

Ended up the Sunday show got cancelled and Danny lied about the belt so maybe it will be third time lucky :thumbsup:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also booked it for May as well but 1PW said to Kris Travis they would put the belt on him and let him defend it against his all time hero Billy Gunn if he went with them and tbh he is a real good mate and I didn't want to stop him having that chance !

Ended up the Sunday show got cancelled and Danny lied about the belt so maybe it will be third time lucky :thumbsup:

one of the lads he offered double money and the belt to so they would drop out of my show said he promised the belt to 5 different people...in a 4 man tournament, no wonder his books dont balance!

• Paid Members
one of the lads he offered double money and the belt to so they would drop out of my show said he promised the belt to 5 different people...in a 4 man tournament, no wonder his books dont balance!

Yeah , I heard that too.

Danny also said the same thing to him for my show but he refused and rang me straight away to tell me - top lad !

• Paid Members

Ive got to say fludder, i remember you talking to me a while ago saying that you had just joined up with the Southside team and you were really looking forward to it.

I only hear good things mate, everytime i check the events page out on here, your always at the top end of the page. Your events look great, people seem to always look forward to which ever event your promoting and you and the team seem to have cracked the idea of being upfront with fans and running the promotion as well as anyone could have expected.

Well done fella.

Im going to have to make the venture from newcastle sooner or later.

Ive got to say fludder, i remember you talking to me a while ago saying that you had just joined up with the Southside team and you were really looking forward to it.

I only hear good things mate, everytime i check the events page out on here, your always at the top end of the page. Your events look great, people seem to always look forward to which ever event your promoting and you and the team seem to have cracked the idea of being upfront with fans and running the promotion as well as anyone could have expected.

Well done fella.

Im going to have to make the venture from newcastle sooner or later.

er thanks but im now Preston City Wrestling haha

• Paid Members
Yeah, i think i still fit in the crank catagory then!

Point still stands to the promoters of Southside though!

Thank you

Myself and Steve are very like minded and totally plan on being 2 of the best promoters in the UK , we both think that if that if we can't be one of the best then there is no point doing it!

The reason I stopped running Southside up north was it was just too difficult for myself as it was so far away but myself and Steve learnt some good and bad lessons up north - the fantastic thing about Steve doing them shows with me is he learnt a lot which is in turn why he has hit the ground running with Preston City Wrestling. It is always better to learn first then start promoting rather than just jumping in with out knowing your stuff.

We still speak often and hopefully will be doing some joint projects in the future. Just because another company is dying it does not mean that there are not promoters with money and balls to tackle the super show thing , myself and Steve still believe that it ccan work done rightly and by a companys that can be trusted and respected ( although we know that has to be earned )

Ben

Archived