Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

I still don't trust Lion and am getting a feeling he is trying to trick us and I will be voting for him straight away at the start of the next day phase unless I spot anything else.

Snake and Swift are our main suspects at the moment, and as I currently have nothing to vote Snake for, I will go for Swift.

I already said I am unsure about him, so at I will get my vote in now, so we don't miss the deadline.

Vote: Swiftstrike

Can everyone else please get their votes in asap, because with people away, I am worried we will end up with a non lynch.

It might end the day early but a lot of players aren't here to discuss stuff so I don't think that matters on this occasion.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I still don't trust Lion and am getting a feeling he is trying to trick us and I will be voting for him straight away at the start of the next day phase unless I spot anything else.

Snake and Swift are our main suspects at the moment, and as I currently have nothing to vote Snake for, I will go for Swift.

Sorry SMS, there seems to be a bit of a contradiction here - you say you'll be voting Lion straight away at the start of the next day phase, yet Snake and Swift are our two suspects (two people) - and you're also voting for swift?

Maybe you've explained something badly, or I've misunderstood you?

That said,

FOS SMS

Sorry SMS, there seems to be a bit of a contradiction here - you say you'll be voting Lion straight away at the start of the next day phase, yet Snake and Swift are our two suspects (two people) - and you're also voting for swift?

Maybe you've explained something badly, or I've misunderstood you?

That said,

FOS SMS

They are our two main suspects because they have the most votes, and it looks like they may be the only ones we could possibly lynch, with people missing and the deadline approaching.

I would have voted Lion if I believed there was a chance to lynch him, but I don't think we can convince other other people to do so, so there is no point at this time.

I think he is playing serious mind games so I am ready to call his bluff when the next day starts.

• Paid Members
They are our two main suspects because they have the most votes, and it looks like they may be the only ones we could possibly lynch, with people missing and the deadline approaching.

I would have voted Lion if I believed there was a chance to lynch him, but I don't think we can convince other other people to do so, so there is no point at this time.

I think he is playing serious mind games so I am ready to call his bluff when the next day starts.

OK, fair enough. Consider the FOS removed, I can accept all that. However, Snake and swiftstrike only have 3 votes a piece, Lion would have two if we both voted for him. So it's closer than you think and there's still a day to go. I'd rather lynch who I think is the right person than just any person, and right now my suspect list is ranked:

Lion

swiftstrike/Snake (tied)

I'm wary of a vote for Snake because I'm wondering if my suspicion isn't just fuelled by paranoia since I neighbourised him. But I'm also wary of a vote for swiftstrike because of Lion, he's really thrown me. That said, I've suspected Lion from very early on anyway - but strongly believed he was linked to swiftstrike. Now I'm not as sure.

• Paid Members

In the last day phase I said it was a possibility that the "vote for me" thing could be a bluff to stop people suspecting him and thus stop people voting for him, and I'm still uneasy about it and Lion in general for the same reasons I highlighted last time. No one was going for him though so I switched to avoid a no lynch but this time I think I'm going to stick to my guns and vote for him regardless of where other votes go; of course, I've not decided if it is Lion I'm voting for but if I do decide then it's likely I'll stick to it

• Paid Members
In the last day phase I said it was a possibility that the "vote for me" thing could be a bluff to stop people suspecting him and thus stop people voting for him, and I'm still uneasy about it and Lion in general for the same reasons I highlighted last time. No one was going for him though so I switched to avoid a no lynch but this time I think I'm going to stick to my guns and vote for him regardless of where other votes go; of course, I've not decided if it is Lion I'm voting for but if I do decide then it's likely I'll stick to it

What do you make of Snake and swiftstrike?

• Paid Members

I'll be honest, I've kinda skimmed the last few pages but nothing major stands out to me about swift or snake really. There could be something in his request to be your neighbour for the night, but likewise you being a neighbourizer doesn't guarantee you're town, although I do trust you for now. What in particular is it that concerns you (and others) about snake and swift?

• Paid Members
I'll be honest, I've kinda skimmed the last few pages but nothing major stands out to me about swift or snake really. There could be something in his request to be your neighbour for the night, but likewise you being a neighbourizer doesn't guarantee you're town, although I do trust you for now. What in particular is it that concerns you (and others) about snake and swift?

swiftstrike - He's made some odd suggestions and has come up with some suspicious theories this game. I don't know whether they're just hair-brained or whether they're attempts at complex framework. I've suspected him since yesterday, much like Lion.

Snake - Mainly the fact he TOLD me to neighbour him, the more I think about it, the more scummy that seems. But then, although it could be it might not be - I know I'm being influenced by paranoia at least a little here, but I'm not sure how much exactly. I'm wary of voting for him incase it's purely a paranoid vote. But I'm also wary of going into the night phase with him as my neighbour.

I am having second thoughts about voting for Swift at the moment.

Can't stop thinking we should go for a lynch on Lion so that is what I will do.

Unvote: Swiftstrike

Vote: Lion of the Midlands

If he turns up scum, then that is fantastic, but if we wrongly get town then at least he was Vanilla as he keeps reminding us.

Rather do that than risk losing a more valuable role when players are not around to discuss things.

So in order to avoid a no-lynch, the two of you move off of one of the 2 main wagons to try and start a third. With a day to deadline. You try to start a third wagon. To avoid a no-lynch. Amazing.

Ok, that aside.

Right now we have 4 people with votes. I want to see Snake lynched, I think he's the top suspect following this day's play and a secondary look at his and Nicko's play day one. SMS is next, simply just some alarmingly scummy posts from him today. Swift I'm not sure about, and I certainly don't think we should be lynching a VT claim simply because he's used potentially bad town play in volunteering to be lynched. Again this is like the ATG lynch yesterday. It's the easy option rather than taking a risk on an actual suspect. Everyone on the Lion wagon has plausible deniability tomorrow if he flips town, just like everyone on the ATG wagon did. It gives us no real information to help drive the third (and what should be) and decisive day.

• Paid Members
So in order to avoid a no-lynch, the two of you move off of one of the 2 main wagons to try and start a third. With a day to deadline. You try to start a third wagon. To avoid a no-lynch. Amazing.

I think that's a tad unfair. Each person has three votes a piece, and we've over a day left to settle on a lynch. I've felt strongly about Lion since day one, and he's not done anything to change that today - he's just made me feel more and more wary of him. I'm also unsure about who I'd prefer to vote for out of swift and Snake. My gut's telling me Snake at this stage (Lion's made me second guess my swiftstrike vote pretty significantly), but I think it's heavily influenced by paranoia - scrap that - I KNOW it's heavily influenced by paranoia since I neighboured him.

Right now we have 4 people with votes. I want to see Snake lynched, I think he's the top suspect following this day's play and a secondary look at his and Nicko's play day one. SMS is next, simply just some alarmingly scummy posts from him today. Swift I'm not sure about, and I certainly don't think we should be lynching a VT claim simply because he's used potentially bad town play in volunteering to be lynched. Again this is like the ATG lynch yesterday. It's the easy option rather than taking a risk on an actual suspect. Everyone on the Lion wagon has plausible deniability tomorrow if he flips town, just like everyone on the ATG wagon did. It gives us no real information to help drive the third (and what should be) and decisive day.

What you're saying about Lion is exactly why I think he's scum. Why push a lynch on yourself - even when you've NO votes - if you're not scum? It doesn't make any sense to me. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt going into the day and thought swift needed to go. But his play has really set alarm bells ringing in my head. It IS the easy option - because it's the obvious option - and because of that I think it HAS to be the right option.

What's your opinion of Lion, Bristep? What kind of read to you get from him?

Ok, that aside.

I have been repeatedly saying I don't trust Lion, but I couldn't just vote for him before as I felt I was the only one wanting to vote for him, so as soon as somebody else voted Lion I joined in hoping to get more players onboard.

I am not going to be V/LA before deadline so I can switch my vote over if I need to.

Deadline is 7pm tomorrow so we need to move on with our discussion.

I am happy to go along with the Lion or Swift lynch but think we would be making a huge mistake if we lynch Snake.

I just have a very strong feeling he is town, just like I have a similar feeling about Lion being scum, but I obviously could be wrong.

I am going to stand my ground and refuse to lynch Snake.

I think that's a tad unfair. Each person has three votes a piece, and we've over a day left to settle on a lynch. I've felt strongly about Lion since day one, and he's not done anything to change that today - he's just made me feel more and more wary of him. I'm also unsure about who I'd prefer to vote for out of swift and Snake. My gut's telling me Snake at this stage (Lion's made me second guess my swiftstrike vote pretty significantly), but I think it's heavily influenced by paranoia - scrap that - I KNOW it's heavily influenced by paranoia since I neighboured him.

What you're saying about Lion is exactly why I think he's scum. Why push a lynch on yourself - even when you've NO votes - if you're not scum? It doesn't make any sense to me. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt going into the day and thought swift needed to go. But his play has really set alarm bells ringing in my head. It IS the easy option - because it's the obvious option - and because of that I think it HAS to be the right option.

What's your opinion of Lion, Bristep? What kind of read to you get from him?

I also think Lion has jumped on the Swift wagon to make him look town when Swift flips scum, plus if we lynch Lion and he flips scum, we won't suspect Swift as scum because Lion voted for him.

I think it is obvious that both Swift and Snake are both not on the scum side, but there is a possibility that one is, or they could both be town.

Right now, as I see it, we have two scum candidates in Swift or Lion that I will happily vote for.

The more I think about it, the more I think I am right, but I am not sure on the other two scum.

Archived