Sign in to follow this  
CaptainCharisma

General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

Its Leigh Wannell who's not done a lot as a director but has a decent track record with low budget horror. Plus the last film he directed was Upgrade so I'm quietly optimistic. 

I loved Upgrade. Surprised me as a film as I had no expectations whatsoever. Great end as well.

Poor Man's Tom Hardy was good in it as well

That guy that's gonna direct a film with James dean's cgi puppet corpse has responded to the backlash about his terrible, terrible idea. His comments are so idiotic it's funny. What an oblivious tone deaf twat.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/director-new-james-dean-movie-speaks-backlash-stars-casting-1253232

If anyone here is a fan of Danny Boyle, there’s a charity screening of Yesterday on Saturday 14 December plus a Q&A with Danny and Sanjeev Bhaskar. 

Go to http://noah.do/yesterday for tickets.

Edited by Monkee

Is the new Jumanji expected to do insane business?  Our 6 screen multiplex is running it in 3 screens simultaneously (staggered start) throughout the day.

3 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Is the new Jumanji expected to do insane business?  Our 6 screen multiplex is running it in 3 screens simultaneously (staggered start) throughout the day.

The previous one did almost a billion dollars against The Last Jedi, which was three times greater than predicted. They're probably anticipating similar numbers.