General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

Is it only me that looked up this new Avengers film only to find out it's about some fucking comic book instead of Steed & Co and is now a bit gutted?

Remember what happened the last time they made a film adaption? You don't want a repeat of that do you?

• Paid Members
There'll still be speculation about this until one of the primary cast members dies, but it's never going to happen.

I hope it doesnt happen now. I've went from hoping to see a third Ghostbusters movie to hoping a third one never see's the light of day, if Murray isnt in it. He is the film. He's the star, he's the funny guy and he's even the one who gets a shag at the end. Seeing a fat Dan Aykroyd, a really hairly Egon and Ernie Hudson running around with Ben Stiller or Adam Sandler would kill the child in me. For a lot of people (as cringe worthy as this sounds), Ghostbusters isnt just another film. Its a large part of their entertainment growing up. I want to see the four Beatles. Not McCartney, Ringo, Shakey Stevens and Steve from X Factor.

I'd love to see Murray change his mind, but its Bill Murray. He does what he wants to.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Moderators
There'll still be speculation about this until one of the primary cast members dies, but it's never going to happen.

I hope it doesnt happen now. I've went from hoping to see a third Ghostbusters movie to hoping a third one never see's the light of day, if Murray isnt in it. He is the film. He's the star, he's the funny guy and he's even the one who gets a shag at the end. Seeing a fat Dan Aykroyd, a really hairly Egon and Ernie Hudson running around with Ben Stiller or Adam Sandler would kill the child in me.

It shows how long all this has been going on, that the speculated young Ghostbusters the lads would be training up to start a new franchise - Stiller, Jack Black etc - are now too old themselves.

• Paid Members
Arthouse Bill Murray sucks.

Regarding The Avengers, is Hawkeye meant to be a mute? He speaks in Thor but any and all promo of him thus far has him looking like a stoic mute.

He's deaf in the comics, but not a mute.

• Moderators
Chalie Hunnam is such a terrible actor.

God, yeah. And he has the worst BritAmerican accent of all time when you see him poncing about in interviews. His cockney accent in Green Street remains the worst ever put to film, in one of those brilliant examples of awful British accents from actors who actually are British*. Even Dick van Dyke's having a laugh when he sees it.

*Another cracking example is Adebisi/Mr. Eko in the GI Joe film. Although for the worst all-around accent, Tamer Hassan's American one in Wrong Turn 3 truly has to be seen to be believed. It's worse than the commentator in that backyard documentary on Channel 4 all those years ago. Astounding stuff.

• Moderators
*Another cracking example is Adebisi/Mr. Eko in the GI Joe film.

He's from London, that's his real voice as far as I'm aware.

That's my point, it's not. His real accent is, well, real. In GI Joe, he's using that strange "this is the fictional British accent American audiences want in films" accent.