General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

From what I can tell the internet is raging in a big this looks shit vs you're only saying that because it's women.

But it really does look shit. The wacky black woman and an Exorcist head turning joke in 2016? Fuck off.

That was by far the worst part of the trailer.  Fuck me, she out-irritated Melissa McCarthy which is certainly saying something.

Nothing says "progressive Hollywood" like a sassy, heavy-set black woman bringing the "street smarts" to add humour. It's almost a surprise they they didn't use an Asian actress for the "sciency" one and a red-hot, big boobed blond for whichever one gets a romantic side-story. D'oh!

• Paid Members

Rumour doing the rounds at the minute is that Arnie may return for the Predator sequel ( He'll do anything now so it's quite likely)

More exciting is that Shane Black is being tapped up to write and direct.

A Shane Black / Arnie combo is the stuff action film dreams are made of.

• Paid Members

Rumour doing the rounds at the minute is that Arnie may return for the Predator sequel ( He'll do anything now so it's quite likely)

More exciting is that Shane Black is being tapped up to write and direct.

A Shane Black / Arnie combo is the stuff action film dreams are made of.

Nearly shite myself when I read that, Chokey!

Imagine...it's going to have it all. Snappy dialogue, vigorous harsh language, muscles, sagging muscles...I actually cannot fucking wait!

• Paid Members

As my esteemed colleague Malbranque so eloquently put it, this is indeed mouth watering news.  My only concern is that Arnie has become a proper cock-tease with this sort of stuff the last few years.  I was promised Twins, others have been promised a new Conan (I can take or leave that), but still... if the cunt ever dare dangle this carrot I think i'll spontaneously combust.

Commando2_zpsjrhyyd5y.jpg

Black is the co-writer with Fred Dekker writer/director of The Monster Squad & Night of the Creeps who hasn't done anything in film for 23 years since Robocop 3. #Black&Dekker

The bad news is it's not out until 2018. posters shit though http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3829266/

It's a shame that the idea for making "Triplets" has been put on hold. Seeing Eddie Murphy as their sibling would've been a hoot. It seems a few of Murphy's movies have been put on hold. I don't know how many times the production of Beverly Hills Cop 4 has been held back.

As my esteemed colleague Malbranque so eloquently put it, this is indeed mouth watering news. My only concern is that Arnie has become a proper cock-tease with this sort of stuff the last few years. I was promised Twins, others have been promised a new Conan (I can take or leave that), but still... if the cunt ever dare dangle this carrot I think i'll spontaneously combust.

Commando2_zpsjrhyyd5y.jpg

Are we to believe that is CHENNY! next to him?

We play the Commando drinking game every year on my birthday which generally results in utter chaos. One of the rules is you have to have a shot every time Arnie says CHENNY. Other pearlers include having a shot every time someone dies, every time he looks at his watch, every time someone says a one liner, every time shit 80's music plays and every time Matrix feeds a deer. Like I say, utter chaos.

The only film specific Arnie Drinking Game we tried was having a shot Everytime they say Turboman in Jingle All The Way (it's a lot of shots). There's also the more basic rules to Arnie Drinking Game where you take a shot with every "bullshit!", "Get Down!" or any word with an A followed by N (so Stand, Hand etc.)

Edited by WyattSheepMask