General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

Koyaanisqatsi is better than Aliens, yeah, ok. I'd like to round up those film buffs and go all Un Chien Andalou on their eye balls! I bet most of those people haven't watched half of those films since they first seen them in film studies.

• Paid Members

"2001: A Space Odyssey" is a bit overrated, IMO. I love the film but I've always thought "2010: Year We Make Contact" to be just a tad better. More mental too.

Spot on. Actually said the exact same thing to my mate in work yesterday at lunch time.

I've watched 2001 about five times - mainly out of spite to myself, coz I don't understand it - and I find 2010 to be the much better, and more entertaining flick.

Fight Club or Tiny Toons, How I Spent My Vacation not on that list? Fucking farce. Shenanigans!

Some of these critics are full of shit. It's like that Kevin O'Sullivan when he gets on the Wright Stuff to chat about various programmes it's so obvious that he hasn't actually watched some of the shows he is supposed to be reviewing. Some of these twats get their money for fuck all. I'm sure half of them just read the synopsis from the Sky Guide or TV Times.

Some of these critics are full of shit. It's like that Kevin O'Sullivan when he gets on the Wright Stuff to chat about various programmes it's so obvious that he hasn't actually watched some of the shows he is supposed to be reviewing. Some of these twats get their money for fuck all. I'm sure half of them just read the synopsis from the Sky Guide or TV Times.

He's a prick. Ally Ross in The Sun in the old days or Jim Shelley much funnier.

It seems to be the law if you work in the film industry in some way that you have to think Citizen Kane is the greatest movie ever.

In other news. Jurassic World sequal confirm (source:BBC News)

Jurassic World is getting a sequel, according to film studio Universal Pictures.

The news was revealed after the fourth film in the dinosaur franchise made $1.5 billion (£967m) around the world.

The sequel will be released in June 2018.

Jurassic World, which is a partial sequel to Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park, has become the third highest-grossing film in history behind James Cameron's Titanic and Avatar.

The sequel will see Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard return, along with Spielberg as executive producer and Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow writing the script.

An official title for the sequel and a director have yet to be announced.

Jurassic World was set 22 years after the events of Jurassic Park and sees a genetically-modified dinosaur escape to terrorise the fictional island of Isla Nublar.

Jurassic World, co-produced with Legendary Pictures, made more profit than expected to achieve the largest opening weekend in movie history with $524m (£337m) at the global box office.

The three original Jurassic Park films were the 1993 original, The Lost World: Jurassic Park from 1997 and 2001's Jurassic Park III.

It's been a good year for Universal Pictures, which became the fastest studio to hit $2 billion at the box office in a calendar year last month after the success of February's Fifty Shades of Grey, April's Furious 7 and May's Pitch Perfect 2.

Other Universal films planned for this year include M Night Shyamalan's horror The Visit, drama Everest, Aaron Sorkin's Steve Jobs biopic and Guillermo Del Toro's gothic horror Crimson Peak."

For its time, the technical wizardy and camera work is absolutely era defining. It's a great story, and was made by a true auteur. It is a fantastic film.

However, when you have had to watch it a hundred times, and dissect it frame by frame, definitely loses its appeal a little.