General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• 2 months later...

Not sure if I've seen this anywhere on here... But hey.

Interview with Corey Feldman

It might be better to just avoid it to be honest.

All the reviews are overwhelmingly negative....

• Paid Members

I never knew they were doing a remake, that's great news! I love the series. Does anyone know if there is a Friday The 13th box set available? Or would i have to buy them all seperately?

There is a region 1 Box set which I have been tempted by but much like the versions over here they haven't been remastered and certainly aren't uncut/unrated versions of the films which is a real shame. Hopefully someone will dig out the uncut prints eventually and give it the proper remastering treatment they so rightly deserve. If its going to happen then it'll be after the remake.

• 2 months later...

Big Bump

New Pixar UP Trailer

Monsters Vs Aliens

Monsters_Vs_Aliens_characters_promo.jpg

Trailer

dlomc4.jpg

What's it all about?

Karra Elejalde plays middle-aged businessman Hector, who lives in a country house with his loving wife Clara (Candela Fernandez). One day, he spies a naked woman (Barbara Goenaga) in the forest behind his house and is compelled to investigate, but as he approaches the woman he is attacked by a mysterious assailant clad in blood-soaked Invisible Man-style bandages.

Seeking refuge in a scientific compound, Hector meets a nervous scientist (played by director Nacho Vigalondo), who stuffs him into a giant tank filled with white liquid...and when he gets out, seconds later, he discovers that it's about 12 hours earlier in the day and the scientist has no idea who he is.

Trailer

New Eastwood: Gran Torino Trailer

New Danny Dyer Doghouse Trailer

New Paul Rudd/ Seann William Scott Role Models Trailer

Indie Thing That A Lot Will Hate, Momma's Man Trailer

New Christmas Movie That Could Be Good But Is Probably Shit Nothing Like The Holidays

As Above But With Vince Vaughn, Four Christmases

Poster for SAMURAI ZOMBIE

22xhy8.png

UK thriller NEW TOWN KILLERS

2dqvytv.jpg

Two private bankers, Alistair and Jamie, who have the world at their feet get their kicks from playing a 12 hour game of hunt, hide and seek with people from the margins of society. Their next target is Sean Macdonald a parentless teenager who lives with his sister on a housing estate on the outskirts of Edinburgh. She's in debt, he's going nowhere fast. Sean agrees to play for cash. He soon realizes he's walked into twelve hours of hell where survival is the name of the game.

New Vampire Flick Twilight

UK Horror The Children

• Paid Members

just wondering about the Star Trek flick, it's a weird movie to promote. I know there's a massive Star Trek fan base, and everyone of them is gonna rush out to see this. But does anyone actually think casual movie viewers will go see it? I mean, as far as i can tell, Star Trek is pretty much laughed at by non-fans, it's got that nerdy thing going for it that doesn't appeal to many people.

I'll probably go see it out of pure curiosity (and i do actually plan on watching the Star Trek tv series one day).

just wondering about the Star Trek flick, it's a weird movie to promote. I know there's a massive Star Trek fan base, and everyone of them is gonna rush out to see this. But does anyone actually think casual movie viewers will go see it? I mean, as far as i can tell, Star Trek is pretty much laughed at by non-fans, it's got that nerdy thing going for it that doesn't appeal to many people.

I'll probably go see it out of pure curiosity (and i do actually plan on watching the Star Trek tv series one day).

I'll probably catch it for the soul reason of it containing Quinto

I think this film will achieve the opposite, drawing in the curious and nostalgic crowd, but the more I read about it, the more I see it alienating the hardcore fans. But the casual fans might like it. Plus it has the advantage of having notable names such as Zachary Quinto as Spock, JJ Abrahms in charge and even Simon Pegg involved...

The Star Trek name always makes money, maybe with the exception of deciding to release Nemesis at a really odd time, and films like First Contact, Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country bridge the gap between the following and a casual audience.. and it's one of the most recognisable franchises out there which even the casual viewers will 'get'. The reboot seems to be selling it to the casuals more than the following (who will watch anyway) and from what I've read on it thus far has the right mix of nostalgia and re-imaging to draw them in... but I'm still very hesitant.

Plus the following, both Star Trek and sci fi in general, is huge and isn't as much the nerdy basement dwellers people imagine, much like how people see the average wrestling fan.

Also, the bridge looks like an Apple store.

Make sure it's Deep Space Nine, though skip the first few seasons ;) I actually find it really hard to watch some of the old DS9's and Next Generation episodes. It just didn't feel as right as DS9's war era, while Enterprise was slow and dull and Voyager, while it had its moments, essentially devolved into the Jeri Ryan show.