General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

I'm REALLY curious to see what they've done with this:

Johnny got his gun

It's the story of a WW1 soldier that was hit by a shell on the last day of the war, lost both arms and legs, lost all his senses, but his mind was perfect so he became a prisoner in his own body. There was a 1971 film but this film is adapted by a Broadway play rather than that.

Oh, the original movie was the 'inspiration' for "One" by Metallica.

The still look very strange, but the character slips from fantasy to reality all the time so I can guess it's going to be a bit trippy.

Anyway. Interesting, no idea if it's going to be any good or not but we'll see.

Edit: 1939 BOOK, 1971 Film :D

Edited by DJ Stevie C

I got the impression it is merely a screen ADAPTION of the play rather than the play itself

That's how it's being sold.As I said Sickboy I'm curious to see what this is like.

:thumbsup:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_2aWeCxS2jEan apparent trailer for the above. Please tell me it's a joke.

i got the book about 5 years ago, read 20 pages every so often than have to put it away as its just too depressing, a really good read non the less just very very hard going, the content is still very topical and its well written. It has the potential to be movie that will move people and make them think, surely that can only be a good thing if done right.EditAfter watching the trailer with the guy from the O.C i have changed my mind, it looks terrible. Id take Herbie full throttle over that Edited by neo316

• 5 weeks later...

that is FUCKING AWESOME

I like it a lot too.However I expect it will be banned very soon as it look a little familiar...8304b314.jpgAnd they are pretty sensitive about it still.The poster itself reminds me of a WWE PPV poster which isn't a bad thing (sometimes!).