General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

Burton

I'm out.

Edit: watched the trailer. Damnit. Looks quite good. I bet you Helena Bonham Carter's in there somewhere though.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
in possibly the best/worst/most batshit remake of all time news

WWE Films to remake leprachaun

According to Variety, the WWE and Lionsgate have come together for a two-picture deal, with one of the films being a remake/remodel of the schlocky 1993 Warwick Davis/Jennifer Aniston horror flick, Leprechaun.

Lionsgate and the WWE will co-market, and split the cost of, the new Leprechaun film, which is set for a 2013 release. The other movie, from the two-movie deal, is yet to be determined. This doesn't mark the first time that Lionsgate and the WWE have teamed up as they also partnered to make See No Evil (starring Kane) and The Condemned (starring Steve Austin).

They're not even trying, are they? Who over there thinks this is actually a good idea? Why don't they try actually making a good fucking film instead of rebooting a franchise that no-one except mongs thought was any good in the first place?

• Paid Members
in possibly the best/worst/most batshit remake of all time news

WWE Films to remake leprachaun

According to Variety, the WWE and Lionsgate have come together for a two-picture deal, with one of the films being a remake/remodel of the schlocky 1993 Warwick Davis/Jennifer Aniston horror flick, Leprechaun.

Lionsgate and the WWE will co-market, and split the cost of, the new Leprechaun film, which is set for a 2013 release. The other movie, from the two-movie deal, is yet to be determined. This doesn't mark the first time that Lionsgate and the WWE have teamed up as they also partnered to make See No Evil (starring Kane) and The Condemned (starring Steve Austin).

They're not even trying, are they? Who over there thinks this is actually a good idea? Why don't they try actually making a good fucking film instead of rebooting a franchise that no-one except mongs thought was any good in the first place?

Vince is just after a nice little earner now, their films have not made money in ages. Also, Vince is out of touch with the real world, so probably thinks most of their films are high art.

• Paid Members

No-one's going to see a Leprechaun reboot, though. Practically no-one on the street would have heard of the original. My Bloody Valentine only made the money it did because it slotted itself into a run of 3D horror hypefests.

I've nothing against trashy or schlocky b-movies, but this will fail and be shit. A total waste of everyone's time and money.

• Paid Members
That was an idea from a certain wrestlers Gladders is sick of everybody bitching about (no, not Pepper Plunge). Shame they didn't do it though.

For the record, I'm not sick of people complaining about CM Punk. Quite the opposite, actually. So at least get your facts straight.

Punk, I think, revealed this idea on an Art Of Wrestling podcast. He was particularly enthused by the idea of Yoshi Tatsu and Funaki sharing a car, as I think we all should be.