General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

He didn't direct it, I think he was only the producer or something.

Afaik he wrote or co wrote it, produced it as no studio would finance it and did some reshoots when the original director was busy with something else

Its been in the can for some time iirc filmed in 2009, so gawd knows what the craic is

Edited by patdfb

• Paid Members
Eric Bischoff's 'Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment' company has sold a new sitcom to Nick at Nite called 'Daddy's Home' starring Scott Baio

Bischoff must only have Baio and Hogan on his books. It must be like that running gag in Extras. I can only assume Hulk is Barry from Eastenders these days. Chachi gets all the good gigs.

• Paid Members

It's probably a similar strategy to the Frankenstein's Monster sitcoms that TV Land has been wheeling out - take people who were in previous sitcom successes, and plug them into a new format. Hence, Hot in Cleveland, and the upcoming Happily Divorced. It's a fucking nightmare, if you ask me.

in possibly the best/worst/most batshit remake of all time news

WWE Films to remake leprachaun

According to Variety, the WWE and Lionsgate have come together for a two-picture deal, with one of the films being a remake/remodel of the schlocky 1993 Warwick Davis/Jennifer Aniston horror flick, Leprechaun.

Lionsgate and the WWE will co-market, and split the cost of, the new Leprechaun film, which is set for a 2013 release. The other movie, from the two-movie deal, is yet to be determined. This doesn't mark the first time that Lionsgate and the WWE have teamed up as they also partnered to make See No Evil (starring Kane) and The Condemned (starring Steve Austin).