General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

The Avengers title has been changed to Marvel's Avengers Assemble. No idea why or if that's for the UK release only.

Has it been confirmed though or is that just a rumour because it was written on a poster (Could just be the tagline)

UK Poster

Marvel-avengers-poster-280212.jpg

US Poster

avengers-full.jpg

lots of sources saying its because of the TV show. seems legit though with the different release dates on them (8 days earlier for us now). photoshopping and Cap America's growth spurt aside it looks ok.

There's another trailer wednesday as well

• Paid Members

That poster is awful, couldn't they get them together for a photo? The lighting looks different for everyone, the scale is mental and Hawkeye is at an angle, he looks like he's doing a comedy slow fall.

How big are Hulk and Cap?!

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

• Awards Moderator
The Avengers title has been changed to Marvel's Avengers Assemble. No idea why or if that's for the UK release only.

Has it been confirmed though or is that just a rumour because it was written on a poster (Could just be the tagline)

lots of sources saying its because of the TV show. seems legit though with the different release dates on them (8 days earlier for us now). photoshopping and Cap America's growth spurt aside it looks ok.

There's another trailer wednesday as well

It was announced on the official UK Avengers Facebook page, so I'm guessing it's legit. Wonder why it took them until now to do it.

• Paid Members
Why the fuck has Your Highness only got one nomination? And why the fuck did I forget it from my worst films list? A truly, truly terrible film, not even redeemed by Portman's arse.

I actually enjoyed Your Highness, but thats just me. Danny McBride is the man.

I haven't seen anything else with him, but looking down the rest of his films, I think it's unlikely that I'm going to end up concluding that he's 'the man' if I see any more of them. I was staggered by how bad Your Highness was, actually, I thought in some ways it was worse than the .... Movie films.

• Awards Moderator
Why the fuck has Your Highness only got one nomination? And why the fuck did I forget it from my worst films list? A truly, truly terrible film, not even redeemed by Portman's arse.

I actually enjoyed Your Highness, but thats just me. Danny McBride is the man.

I haven't seen anything else with him, but looking down the rest of his films, I think it's unlikely that I'm going to end up concluding that he's 'the man' if I see any more of them. I was staggered by how bad Your Highness was, actually, I thought in some ways it was worse than the .... Movie films.

I liked him in Tropic Thunder. But me and Tropic Thunder is a bit like Gladstone and Your Highness, I really enjoyed it, but seemed to enjoy it a lot more than anyone else did.