General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
How dare they! That man is the fucking best!

He can be. When he wants to be. Unfortunately he is a massive idiot who has no quality control filter and has wasted two-thirds of his career on total shit.

He's my favourite actor and I find enjoyment in all his films (even the Wicker Man remake and Season of the Witch) but I agree, if he had only been in the good films he's been in he'd be seen as one of the absolute best of his generation.

he has to make all those films so he can afford castles, dinosaur eggs and million dollar comic books

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

• Paid Members
He's my favourite actor and I find enjoyment in all his films (even the Wicker Man remake and Season of the Witch) but I agree, if he had only been in the good films he's been in he'd be seen as one of the absolute best of his generation.

he has to make all those films so he can afford castles, dinosaur eggs and million dollar comic books

He's shown he can pick high quality crowd pleasers when he wants to, there's been no excuse for him taking the inexplicable shit that he has taken down the years. The Rock, Con Air, Honeymoon In Vegas, Face/Off - he should be doing more of that kind of thing in-between the heavier stuff.

• Paid Members

He's shown he can pick high quality crowd pleasers when he wants to, there's been no excuse for him taking the inexplicable shit that he has taken down the years. The Rock, Con Air, Honeymoon In Vegas, Face/Off - he should be doing more of that kind of thing in-between the heavier stuff.

He was asked once why he makes so many films and he said he read an interview with an older actor who said his one regret was that he didn't make more films before he was 50, that's only a couple of years off for Nic, I'd like to see him become more of a Robert Duvall type in his later years, I like him as an action hero though and he's made a few great thrillers. Also I think contrary to what some idiots think he IS versatile.

• Paid Members
The Avengers title has been changed to Marvel's Avengers Assemble. No idea why or if that's for the UK release only.

Has it been confirmed though or is that just a rumour because it was written on a poster (Could just be the tagline)

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members
He was asked once why he makes so many films and he said he read an interview with an older actor who said his one regret was that he didn't make more films before he was 50, that's only a couple of years off for Nic, I'd like to see him become more of a Robert Duvall type in his later years, I like him as an action hero though and he's made a few great thrillers. Also I think contrary to what some idiots think he IS versatile.

I don't think there's any question that he's versatile, he's covered almost all the genres in his career with good films. I'd be surprised if anyone thought otherwise. But I'd much rather him do less films and actually pick good ones now that he is, presumably, richer than hell. He shouldn't be remembered so much for The Wicker Man but more for things like Red Rock West.

• Paid Members
I don't think there's any question that he's versatile, he's covered almost all the genres in his career with good films. I'd be surprised if anyone thought otherwise. But I'd much rather him do less films and actually pick good ones now that he is, presumably, richer than hell. He shouldn't be remembered so much for The Wicker Man but more for things like Red Rock West.

I'm pretty sure lots of people now think of him as a wacky whisper then shout OTT nutter from stuff like Wicker Man.

He should be doing more films like Bad Lieutenant, perfect for him at this age and played to his character without him being a parody of himself.

I fucking love Red Rock West.

Dodgy management has meant he's been left with a massive tax bill to pay so he hasn't been able to be that picky recently. He also lost a load of money in the housing market and had to sell of some of his castles he bought over they years.

The Nicolas Cage Matrix is a pretty good way of charting his career so far though.