General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

Adverts are easy money for an actor, why wouldn’t they do them? Orson Welles said “I’d rather do an honest ad than a dishonest movie” and he was Transformers so he knows what he’s on about. And I think he directed a Burger King ad once, fired someone on the first day. 

I'm pretty sure QT is going to get into Mini-series' soon. I think he mentioned a while back on Stern that he seriously considered taking Inglorious to HBO because he wanted it to be more sprawling. Be nice if when hangs up the film  he goes into something like that.

I think they're alright? They're no Keitel doing Direct Line at the very least. 

Think Keitel had to do those. That Braco divorce seems to have fucked him

Edited by Factotum

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Apparently US Netflix have just got a new version of The Hateful Eight. 

Tarantino has re-edited the movie into a 4-part TV show with 45 minutes extra footage. 

Not sure if we’re going to get it over here or not. 

It is his most boring film by a country mile for me. Not sure how I feel as it being split into a mini series. May pace better that way

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Apparently US Netflix have just got a new version of The Hateful Eight. 

Tarantino has re-edited the movie into a 4-part TV show with 45 minutes extra footage. 

Not sure if we’re going to get it over here or not. 

Somebody was moaning about this on Twitter, claiming Netflix had done it without his permission, cue more 'Netflix is destroying cinema' bollocks.

It's a crap film anyway, definitely his worst to date. It's single-handedly having me believe Once Upon a Time in Hollywood will be shite even though I like all the rest of his films.

Edited by Devon Malcolm
do i speak english motherfucker

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Somebody was moaning about this on Twitter, claiming Netflix had done it without his permission, cue more 'Netflix is destroying cinema' bollocks.

It's a crap film anyway, definitely his worst to date. It's single-handedly having me believe Once Upon a Time in Hollywood will be shite even though I like all the rest of his films.

I agree that he has to really hit a homerun with OUATIH to make up for Hateful Eight. I think he will, or maybe in my desperation for him to make up for it I have unrealistic expectations.

Was it not announced in advance as I knew nothing about it myself until coming on here today. I am still waiting for the final edit of Kill Bill more then more content added to that shite.