General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• 3 weeks later...

It was announced that Will Smith is going to play Serena and Venus Williams dad in an up coming biopic and some people are kicking off about the casting because he’s not black enough to play the part. You’d have thought they had cast Scarett Johansson by the reaction of some of them!

• Awards Moderator
53 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

It was announced that Will Smith is going to play Serena and Venus Williams dad in an up coming biopic and some people are kicking off about the casting because he’s not black enough to play the part. You’d have thought they had cast Scarett Johansson by the reaction of some of them!

I didn't see the word "dad" the first time I read that post. Now that's an interesting film.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

New trailer for the remake of Child's Play is out ( it looks shit) but more importantly is this....

IMG_0195.PNG

Orion Pictures is back! The start of many an awesome 80s VHS is back releasing films through MGM. 

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, DEF said:

T A K E M Y M O N E Y !

It's one of those All The Best Bits trailers, isn't it?

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, seph said:

It's one of those All The Best Bits trailers, isn't it?

Impossible. It has the Stath in. All the best bits will be every bit with the Stathe.

Pedantry aside, it basically gives away a couple of the high spots, an abrievated version of a full throwaway fight and the general jist of the plot

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, DEF said:

Pedantry aside, it basically gives away a couple of the high spots, an abrievated version of a full throwaway fight and the general jist of the plot

It looks like it gives away a good chunk of the climax, though. That shouldn't happen ever.

You could have shot the jeep/chopper spot without giving away who was driving either, or alluding to the context of the spot. M:I Fallout pulled a great bait/switch with their chase sequence, for example.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Why would anyone watch that trailer? You know it's going to spoil so much.

Hype, a pulse pounding adrenaline rush hype boner. Yeah It's pretty spoiler heavy. Of course the plot of a FF film is wonderfully the same every time just with all new ricockulous action set pieces. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, seph said:

It looks like it gives away a good chunk of the climax, though. That shouldn't happen ever.

Reveal hidden contents

You could have shot the jeep/chopper spot without giving away who was driving either, or alluding to the context of the spot. M:I Fallout pulled a great bait/switch with their chase sequence, for example.

Perhaps but its Fast & Furious. That scene could easily be in the middle of it due to the mental scale of their set pieces. 

• Paid Members

Keep seeing a poster on the side of buses for a film starring Seth Rogan called Longshot. Should I be in the superhero thread for that, or is it just a coincidental title?