The Official PPV Posters Thread

CaptainCharisma

And to WYSI, when did i say bury him in the mid card? You realise you dont have to Main Event every PPV to be considered a major talent.

very true but as daz pointed out he spent a lot of time out of the top spot. We all know the huge reaction he will get when he returns and my point was that it would be a waste of this to slide him out of the main event picture straight away wouldnt it, if you did it would just take away some of the main event heat as the fans would care a lot more about how the returning hero (assuming they keep him face) than the other guys theyve watched for the last 6 months.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He jobbed to Batista at 3 consecutive pay per views, thus making him a star in the process. He then disapeared for a good few months. When he came back, he feuded with Ric Flair. He lost his return match before winning the return match. None of the Flair feud was the centre of attention on television. Then he moved onto The Big Show, where once again they had a feud which didn't take up much television. Despite beating The Big Show he sold for him like nobodies business, and made him look a monster.Then Triple H, in all his selfishness, moved onto the champion Cena who had been the focal point of WWE for over a year. Triple H then, the rat bastard, jobbed to Cena at Wrestlemania. Two consecutive mania's and two consecutive losses in the main event.

Just want to add a little to your defense here. Its acutally 3 Wrestlemania main event losses in a row. Mania 20 he tapped out to Benoit, Mania 21 he was pinned cleanly right in the middle of the ring by Batista and Mania 22 he tapped out once again, to John Cena.

• Paid Members

Mania 20 he tapped out to Benoit

And just look at the lengths he went to to have that erased from the record books. Be afraid Batista, be very afraid.
Yeah, Triple H framed Benoit so he would be removed from the DVD listings and everything. Very cerebral of him.I never got how people claim that Triple H buried Benoit after the Mania XX match, or made sure that his title run would be merely a transitional thing. Sure, Shawn Michaels v Triple H Hell in a Cell was the main focus of the show for some of Benoit's run, but to the casual fans - thats what they wanted to see. Benoit made Trips tap at Mania, HBK tap at Backlash, pinned Triple H on another PPV and then beat him in a 60 minute Iron Man Match. There are some things that Benoit had to take blame for. Such as he had been wrestling around the world for 15 years and never shown any signs of improvement on the mic. And when he first came over to Raw, his very first segement/promo pitted him in the ring with 4 extremely charismatic people in Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Eric Bischoff and Stone Cold. A week later he was on the highlight reel and Jericho was continually upstaging him - not on purpose - just cause Benoit was a charisma vaccum. When he found out he was going to be the champion on the flagship show, he didnt seem to make any effort to improve his promo's or any of the stuff that is needed to get an extended run on top. Benoit could have been the greatest technical wrestler alive at the time, but JBL was a more entertaining champion. And he had to win the fans over first, Benoit had a head start on him in that sense. Anyway, you need more than just good skills between the ropes to be a good champion. You need that killer instinct too, and as we all know, Benoit left that at home.

How many times did Benoit beat HHH in title matches after that Mania match ? He might not have done so easily those times, but if HHH really had the power to bury Benoit, and wanted the tap out erased, he wouldn't have allowed himself to tap clean in the first place.

• Paid Members

How many times did Benoit beat HHH in title matches after that Mania match ? He might not have done so easily those times, but if HHH really had the power to bury Benoit, and wanted the tap out erased, he wouldn't have allowed himself to tap clean in the first place.

Exactly - there were 3 high profile title matches between Triple H and Benoit after Mania 20 - two of which were the Vengence PPV and the Iron Man Match on Raw. Plus, Benoit beat Triple H and Shawn Michaels in 2 consecutive triple threats, and beat Triple H and Ric Flair/Randy Orton/Batista in a couple of handi cap combinations along the way. To be totally honest, people need to stop blaming Triple H for Benoit falling as a champ and start to look at his own shortcomings.

• Paid Members

It was a joke FFS!

Ah, I knew you were joking. But there are plenty of attitudes around that make out that Triple H just clicks his fingers and someone is squashed. Like in the Randy Orton thread, someone said that WWE wont trust Randy to stay well behaved, so they'll just keep the belt on Cena until Triple H "wants" it back. Like, Jesus, its almost 3 years since he had the belt. Drop it already it.

To be honest, i thought Rick's comment was about the recent Benoit-related 'activities'. Not any actually squashing.When i mean squashing, i mean of Benoit's career. Not of a family...you know what, fuck it duh.gif

Yeah, I picked it up that way too - which is why I said Trips framed Benoit to remove him from the Mania XX DVD listings.

i like the posters, and who cares if triple h is on the cover?i used to hate triple h, but i really like him now and i want him to get the title, anything to stop john cena - a man i detest more than austin - and im not a fan of austin.

Awesome. You can piss and moan all you like but how can anyone deny that they are not anticipating his return? I used to be the biggest HHH hater out but the HHH of now seems to be a million miles away from the cunt he was in 2003. Putting Benoit over like he did pretty much renders him totally innocent of any past "burials" in my eyes :thumbsup:

Archived