The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Paid Members

I don't think people should put down genres.There's a chance people will go 'Nah, I'm not gonna listen to punk/metal/rap/etc'.

No they definitely should. I'm not going to download every single song in this thread so I may aswell go by the genre's I like rather than just hoping it's nota genre I don't personally enjoy eg. indie and emo.Here's mine:http://www.sendspace.com/file/zorpzrytcracker - nerdrap.entertainment.systemGenre: Rap/Super NintendoThis is a rare rap song by an unsigned artist who uses computer game music for his beats and the results of this is the song above which is one of the happiest rap songs you'll ever hear. Even if rap ain't your thing, I recommend giving it a try as it is great fun. Edited by LaGoosh

I'm not down with having to assign a specific genre to everything - it's against the spirit of discovering new music to have to be able to pigeonhole everything with something else - but some description of what the song's like and why it appeals to you is definitely a plus.

Malcolm Middleton - We're All Going To Die

This is the opener off ex-Arab Strap ginger Malcolm Middleton's new album. It's a kinda new-wavey fast pop song with lyrics that may be parodying Arab Strap's wrist-slitting reputation. Definitely the most upbeat song ever to have the line "You're gonna die alone" in the chorus.

I think rather than just putting genres (which people can write off as shit etc.), putting a little blurb and pimping your song helps in getting someone to download it. The Nintendo song is pretty cool, although I can't envisage ever listening to it again, kind of a novelty thing- are all his beats derived from old Nintendo stuff? The Banner Pilot song is great. Can definitely see the Dillinger Four influence in the vocals (really like some strange mid-point between the two DF vocalists) and melodic guitar distortion which gives a pretty epic feel, which I don't often find with punk. Couldn't find them on wikipedia- have they got an album/ep done?

The Banner Pilot song is great. Can definitely see the Dillinger Four influence in the vocals (really like some strange mid-point between the two DF vocalists) and melodic guitar distortion which gives a pretty epic feel, which I don't often find with punk. Couldn't find them on wikipedia- have they got an album/ep done?

Yea, they have an 8 track EP out called "Pass The Poison" - which you can order from their Myspace page. I can send you the whole thing if you want it tomorrow perhaps but I do suggest buying it if you like it as they're a great band.

I'll get in on this, with How Soon Is Now? by t.A.T.u. A great cover of a great song, give it a try.

That is a really good cover, as the Leicester/Irish/Walsall UKFFers have discussed in the past. And don't dismiss it because it's by t.A.T.u, as they've done some decent songs. Shame they'll always be remembered as the Russian faux-lesbians.However, I reckon the following version of How Soon Is Now is better:Snake River Conspiracy - How Soon Is NowSnake River Conspiracy have released one LP album called Sonic Jihad in 2000, and a few EPs before that. Their album isn't really available anymore, and goes for about

• Paid Members

The Beach Boys - Feel Flows

Genre - 60's Pop/Psychedelic

O k, this is a song from my second favourate band ever. A gem I unearthed by The Beach Boys, but forget the old surf songs you know, even forget Good Vibrations, and listen to this song. It's fucking fantastic. I could go on all day about the genius that is Brian Wilson, and I'm sure one day I will. but the interesting thing to note on this song is that he didn't write it. He said of the song "Feel Flows' was Carl's tune, and I thought it was wonderful - really great to have created. Come to think of it, 'Feel Flows' is a great commentary on things" So if it's good enough for Wilson, it should be good enough from you.

P.S Fans of the film 'Almost Famous' should recognize it.