The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

One of my favourite artists ever is Baaba Maal. His early 90s album Baayo was, for me, his best; it was a massive departure from his usual, more modern sound with electric instrumentation, centring more around traditional Senegalese music. A truly beautiful album, and one of my favourite songs on it is Mariama (Turtle Dove😞

Have you heard Boubacar Traore? Malian blues guitarist.. Think it will be up your street. He played in London a couple months back; it was an incredible show. Just him, a percussionist and a harmonica player. Here's a track - 

Edit: holy shit  @Keith Houchen that's amazing.

Edit 2: if you guys want to check out some good contemporary Ethiopian tunes, type Nahom Favorite into YouTube. A series of compilations with some great tracks in there.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Have you heard Boubacar Traore? Malian blues guitarist.. Think it will be up your street. He played in London a couple months back; it was an incredible show. Just him, a percussionist and a harmonica player. Here's a track - 

Edit: holy shit  @Keith Houchen that's amazing.

Thanks for that! Had heard of him, but never heard his work. Very nice sound indeed.

I'm a big fan of African music. Especial 70's Ghanaian funk and fusion stuff. If anyone wants any recommendations then please ask as I'm more than willing.

On a slightly different note - here's 'Introduction' by Witch. Brilliant Zambian garage rock band from the early 70's.