The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

> > > Dropkick Murphys - Foreveryou're Irish, right? And you actually like the Dropkick Murphy... wtf? They annoy me, and I've only got Irish grandparents. Wasn't fond of Flogging Molly, either.

Yeah I'm Irish. I don't really understand your point. I despise Irish trad music, but I think the Dropkicks and Flogging Molly have some great tunes, and the two I posted are two of my favourite songs by any band, ever.Today's offering comes from the excellent new Bright Eyes album; Cassadaga. It's a light-sounding track dealing with heavy politics, and features some great lyrics. I encourage you all to give it a whirl:'Four Winds'

There's a lot of buzz about this track from Battles, it's been all over the blogs and The Guardian is going nuts for it. As a fan of Don Caballero I really liked their EP collection (the guitarist is from Don Cab) with it's jazzy math-rock leanings, but the new album Mirrored is just an insane mash-up of sounds and one of the freshest things I've heard in ages. Lots of dodgy vocal effects (as in this song) that will undoubtedly rub many people the wrong way, but IMO they somehow add to the whole madness/genius of the thing. Can't wait to see them at ATP as they are apparently phenomenal live.

Battles - Atlas

edit: album

Edited by Parkamarka

I probably shouldn't, but i really like that new song by Dan le Sac vs. ...Someone with a silly name.

It's called 'Thou Shalt Always Kill', and some of the lyrics are fantastic.

"Thou shalt not judge a book by it's cover,

...Thou shalt not judge Lethal Weapon by Danny Glover!"

I give you a fantastic nickname and all i get is grief......plus, all this uploading stuff is beyond me. I really have no clue. I think it may be safer if i stick to calling people cunts, obviously entering threads with an objective is above my station :angry:

So if I want to sleep in the same bed, nay house as her any time in the next decade then I have to plug them.
So are they, like, looking over your shoulder, making sure everything you look at on the internet in some way promotes them?If you don't like them, fuck plugging them. This thread is for good music. Namedropping only works if the band's either famous or good. This band is neither.

• Paid Members

Some rap for you all.

"9 Milli Bros." by Ghostface Killa feat. Wu Tang Clan

This is a fantastic track, Wu Tang have got to be my favorite rappers after MF Doom and the great thing is the track is from MF Doom's fucking brilliant Special Herbs instrumental albums so MF Doom + Wu Tang Clan = Awesome. In fact, tommorow I'll post my favorite MF Doom track for those of you who haven't heard his brilliance.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ihmjzs

• Moderators

Some rap for you all."9 Milli Bros." by Ghostface Killa feat. Wu Tang ClanThis is a fantastic track, Wu Tang have got to be my favorite rappers after MF Doom and the great thing is the track is from MF Doom's fucking brilliant Special Herbs instrumental albums so MF Doom + Wu Tang Clan = Awesome. In fact, tommorow I'll post my favorite MF Doom track for those of you who haven't heard his brilliance.http://www.sendspace.com/file/ihmjzs

Nice selection; in case my avatar didn't make it clear enough, I love Ghostface :D...I thought for a sense of completion I would throw on the version from Nastradoomus, ie Nas over the same beat - Nas - Come Get MeAnd also the song that originally went with this beat off of the Monsta Island Czars album - Monsta Island Czars - 1,2... 1,2I look forward to seeing what your favourite Doom track is :) ...