The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

I'll get in on this, with How Soon Is Now? by t.A.T.u. A great cover of a great song, give it a try.

That is a really good cover, as the Leicester/Irish/Walsall UKFFers have discussed in the past. And don't dismiss it because it's by t.A.T.u, as they've done some decent songs. Shame they'll always be remembered as the Russian faux-lesbians.However, I reckon the following version of How Soon Is Now is better:Snake River Conspiracy - How Soon Is NowSnake River Conspiracy have released one LP album called Sonic Jihad in 2000, and a few EPs before that. Their album isn't really available anymore, and goes for about

The Beach Boys - Feel FlowsGenre - 60's Pop/PsychedelicO k, this is a song from my second favourate band ever. A gem I unearthed by The Beach Boys, but forget the old surf songs you know, even forget Good Vibrations, and listen to this song. It's fucking fantastic. I could go on all day about the genius that is Brian Wilson, and I'm sure one day I will. but the interesting thing to note on this song is that he didn't write it. He said of the song "Feel Flows' was Carl's tune, and I thought it was wonderful - really great to have created. Come to think of it, 'Feel Flows' is a great commentary on things" So if it's good enough for Wilson, it should be good enough from you. P.S Fans of the film 'Almost Famous' should recognize it.

Thanks for that, I've never heard this one. I've always got time for some Beach Boys.

• Paid Members

The Beach Boys - Feel FlowsGenre - 60's Pop/PsychedelicO k, this is a song from my second favourate band ever. A gem I unearthed by The Beach Boys, but forget the old surf songs you know, even forget Good Vibrations, and listen to this song. It's fucking fantastic. I could go on all day about the genius that is Brian Wilson, and I'm sure one day I will. but the interesting thing to note on this song is that he didn't write it. He said of the song "Feel Flows' was Carl's tune, and I thought it was wonderful - really great to have created. Come to think of it, 'Feel Flows' is a great commentary on things" So if it's good enough for Wilson, it should be good enough from you. P.S Fans of the film 'Almost Famous' should recognize it.

Thanks for that, I've never heard this one. I've always got time for some Beach Boys.
It's my pleasure mate, glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup:

My song of the day for today is Fall Out Boy - "Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today - this is absolutely classic pop punk and even if you don't like their more mainstream releases, you should definitely check this song out. The influence of bands like Lifetime, Saves The Day etc is clear here and I'd recommend it to any fans of 90s emo/pop punk.

Wrong link there Robu...

Float On is in my top ten songs of all time. It will never get old.

For today's offering I bring you a song by a now defunct emo/punk/etc band called Finch. I'd imagine most have at least heard the name once as they were fairly well known. Anyways, this is the title track off their debut album What It Is To Burn and it just fucking blows me away. There's so much passion and energy in this tune. The last minute makes me shiver every time.

Finch - What It Is To Burn

Edited by Mr. Seven

Nice tune Weezage. I also liked the Fall Out Boy song. I must pick up that album, as it sounds a lot edgier. I've heard "Saturday" already and it's one of my favourite FOB songs. Why did Pete drop the death metal roar? That's the best part on "Saturday".

I'm a huge FOB fan too so I'll jump in here.Pete didn't actually drop it, he screams a lot on the next two CD's. It's just that for some odd reason, the screams on those CD's sound horrible.Pete's screaming on Take This To Your Grave is immense, I really don't know what happened.

That's the thing, Fall Out Boy's CD after Take This To Your Grave was actually heavier.The screaming just sounds horrible on it. The screaming on Saturday is somewhat pleasing on the ears, the screaming on songs like I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy is just hard to listen to.

I also liked the Fall Out Boy song. I must pick up that album, as it sounds a lot edgier

Oh, absolutely. I remember back when the album first came out, I didn't really know much about the band back then but there was such a buzz around them, like everyone knew just how huge they were going to become. To be fair to them, I like the more recent stuff too, but Take This To Your Grave represents the peak of their career.