The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Awards Moderator

Nice reminder Monkeeeeeee, Mansun always deserved more.

Eat some Jeremy Enigk: World Waits, who possesses a voice say wrought with emotion it's just beautiful. I'm a massive fan of his band The Fire Theft, but his solo stuff sounds pretty identical. It's kind of an indie AOR, with a Death Cab For Cutie feel.

• Paid Members

The Raveonettes - Ode to L.A.

Liked this. The Beach Boys vs. Dirty Dancing. Really good beat and feel throughout.

Jeremy Enigk: World Waits

Really amazing voice. Thought the song was good. If I ever kill myself, I'll do it to this.

Dropkick Murphys - Forever

This was pretty good. I didn't love it, but I think I would if I could slam the volume up, bang my head and lord of the dance it up.

Mansun - Being a Girl

Don't think I'll be going out of my way to listen to Mansun again.

William Elliott Whitmore - Midnight

Best of the lot. A really soulful song. I can't believe the guy isn't a black, middle aged crooner.

'Carry On' - Elliott

This track usually ends up being included on most of the compilations I make for no reason other than that I really like it. I can't remember if I've posted this song already on UKFF but here it is anyway.

'God Knows...' - Aya Hirano

This song featured on an episode of the TV show The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, the series is due to be released in America soon and I'm confident that it's going to be huge.

Edited by Vito

Today, I give you fair people "His World" by Crush 40. By no means one of the greatest songs ever, but still bloody good, no-nonsense rock number. 5 points to the person who places the game series Crush 40 provide themes for (including this very song).

Edited by Dave Beaste

Oh, and I've gotta say, I enjoyed William Elliott Whitmore, and Seasick Steve. I could picture my self listening to these, Where would you recommend starting?

Either of the albums I've got (Ashes to Dust & Song of the Blackbird) are worth getting, and the two songs I posted are fairly representative of the respective albums. Ashes is a bit more upbeat.