The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Paid Members

My god, that's perfect. Thank you for that. Made my day, week, month, and year. I'm going to be listening to that forever.

Bumblebee Unlimited - Lady Bug (I Just Wanna Be Your Lady Bug) (12 Version)

Edited by Sergio Mendacious
Because disco doesn't suck.

• Paid Members

It was the BBC's Scott Walker prom last night, so I'm catching up on it at work. Still on the preamble now, which is just Gideon Coe playing an hour+ of Scott Walker and associated goodies; Walker Brothers, John Walker, Jacques Brel, Julian Cope, original versions of stuff he or the Brothers covered. It's bloody lovely radio gold.

Most of all, though, it's reminded me what an absolute masterpiece this is;

Let's Get It On album really was what solidified Marvin as a "Lover man". With the title track, Come get to this, Just to keep you satisfied, You sure love to ball, Distant Lover etc. You could argue his gimmick was always the Ladies Man. What's intriguing about Marvin was that he wanted to be Motowns Nat King Cole and sing ballads. It could also be said if Marvin was the Superstar Billy Graham of the Ladies Man gimmick and Teddy Pendergrass was the Hulk Hogan. Teddy became the #1 love man with Turn off the lights, close the door etc. Although Marvin was the originator and managed to move back to the top with the Midnight Love album after Teddy sadly had an car accident which paralysed him from the chest down. 

• Paid Members

A bit of 80s forgotten cheese. Mike Oldfield (of "Tubular Bells" fame) and Jon Anderson (Singer from the band "Yes" and of "Jon and Vangelis"). So it's Mike Oldfield & Jon Anderson with "Shine". Cheese.

Edited by bAzTNM#1