Mike Awesome Dead

ReturnOfTheMack

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, Lantern just text me with this. We were actually talking about him in the car on the way into Orpington yesterday, incredibly lame. I'll always remember that time he almost killed that guy with that move.

• Paid Members

Can't say I really saw much of his stuff, I saw highlights videos of his previous stuff with Tanaka, and his match with Tanaka at ONS 2005. So my main memory of him is the match at ONS which, apart from the main event, more or less stole the showR.I.P. :(

• Paid Members

holy shit another one :( RIP.Mike Awesome is a guy who i loved to watch, when i became obsessed with ECW around 2000/2001 i couldnt wait to get my hands on as many TV/PPV matches of his as i could. He took part in the greatest squash matches in history...and his series with Masato Tanaka, probably my favourite ever.

From Wikipedia:

The Wrestling Observer reported "Friends were coming to his home in Tampa to pick him up and go out Saturday night at about 10:30 p.m. and he never answered the door and found him hanging in the home. It is believed the death was due to suicide pending results of the autopsy."

Sad news.

This sucks, I'm a massive fan of Awesome. His matches with Tanaka were amazing, and his match with Spike was brutal. I also love his forgotten match with New Jack from ECW on TNN that featured much insanity. Just like I was with Bigelow, I am really shocked and saddened by this.RIP Mike Awesome

What horrible horrible news. Whenever I think of Awesome I always look back on those amazing matches with Masato Tanaka as so many people have said on here already as well as his matches with Spike Dudley and The Great Muta. Perhaps the most talented big man in the business and a guy who will be sorely missed. Awesome will always stick out in my mind as a guy who would do anything to please the fans and someone who would always put on a decent show.R.I.P Mike... I am saddened that Awesome vs Masato will never happen one more time.Mike