Anarchy Pro Wrestling owner revealed

Psygnosis

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Im unaware of the full history of Kris Sprules, but if he is trying to make things right and do things differently, fair play to him. And i hope the show goes well. Although running his first show in a what, 3,000 seater does seem a bit of a tall ask. But for all we know, this could end up being a success.

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=83674This thread should give you an idea of Sprules' previous endevours, and why there is such hostility to him.And as I said earlier in this thread, Alex Shane couldn't fill the Skydome with a far superior card, and with far more experienceas a promoter (and a successful one at that). The only way Sprules will fill the place is if he sells the tickets at a ridiculously cheap price. In which case he'll make a loss. Which he has done on shows before. Which is why he didn't pay his workers.No disrespect to Bagga, but he has no experience running a 3,000 seater venue. I don't think LDN could run successfully in the Skydome, and they don't have the negative reputation that OPWO V2.0 APW have.

Im unaware of the full history of Kris Sprules, but if he is trying to make things right and do things differently, fair play to him. And i hope the show goes well. Although running his first show in a what, 3,000 seater does seem a bit of a tall ask. But for all we know, this could end up being a success.

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=83674This thread should give you an idea of Sprules' previous endevours, and why there is such hostility to him.And as I said earlier in this thread, Alex Shane couldn't fill the Skydome with a far superior card, and with far more experienceas a promoter (and a successful one at that). The only way Sprules will fill the place is if he sells the tickets at a ridiculously cheap price. In which case he'll make a loss. Which he has done on shows before. Which is why he didn't pay his workers.No disrespect to Bagga, but he has no experience running a 3,000 seater venue. I don't think LDN could run successfully in the Skydome, and they don't have the negative reputation that OPWO V2.0 APW have.
Making the jump from trying to promote well enough to draw 200 fans (and getting 9), to trying to draw 3000 fans, in one go, is insane!!!Unless you've spent the last year or two going to business school, learning advertising, getting loads of cash behind you and putting together a team to back you and share the workload of course. Even then it's far too big a leap to try in one go.It this show goes ahead as advertised and everyone gets paid on time, I will buy the Deluxe Special Edition on DVD with Bonus Material of Cage V Sprules with 37 alternate commentary's and slow-motion replays!!! Whatever the cost!

• Paid Members

Alex Shane couldn't fill the Skydome with a far superior card

Myself & Alex did fill the Skydome though, in March 2005 (International Showdown, Legit 3,409 attendance), which was a roaring success in every manner - line-up, attendance, reviews, production, DVD sales, profit, fan slam, and overall show quality.That said, by the time the 2nd Skydome Supershow was being discussed (Universal Uproar), I saw the writing on the wall with the start up of 1PW & MEW at the time, and with WWE planning on running the Skydome 3 weeks after Uproar; so TWC decided not to be involved in the 2nd Supershow. It was just too risky with so much else going on! When we did Showdown, it was one of a kind, and there were no WWE tours, or similar shows being held (or clashing ROH & TNA dates) either, which is why Showdown was such a success - now the market has been flooded, and a show of that magnitude can't be done again (profitabley) IMO. I know how much these types of big shows cost to run - which is why I knew for 100% definite that 1PW were losing a FORTUNE with each show. They booked twice as much talent as we did for Showdown, paid them more than twice as much (plus some first-class flights), paid more for their other overheads (production, etc), priced their tickets for less, and only got half the gate we did! That doesn't add up into the black!Showdown was a good time to leave a mark, make some cash, raise the profile of TWC, and get out while the going was good! The "Supershow" market is fecked now though! The timing was just spot-on when we did it; plus TWC had someone with years of promotion experience (eh, Alex, obviously), it's own production (eh, me), & its own channel to promote it on (eh, TWC)! :thumbsup: Edited by herbie747

Alex Shane couldn't fill the Skydome with a far superior card

Myself & Alex did fill the Skydome though, in March 2005 (International Showdown, Legit 3,409 attendance), which was a roaring success in every manner - line-up, attendance, reviews, production, DVD sales, profit, fan slam, and overall show quality.That said, by the time the 2nd Skydome Supershow was being discussed (Universal Uproar), I saw the writing on the wall with the start up of 1PW & MEW at the time, and with WWE planning on running the Skydome 3 weeks after Uproar; so TWC decided not to be involved in the 2nd Supershow. It was just too risky with so much else going on! When we did Showdown, it was one of a kind, and there were no WWE tours, or similar shows being held (or clashing ROH & TNA dates) either, which is why Showdown was such a success - now the market has been flooded, and a show of that magnitude can't be done again (profitabley) IMO. I know how much these types of big shows cost to run - which is why I knew for 100% definite that 1PW were losing a FORTUNE with each show. They booked twice as much talent as we did for Showdown, paid them more than twice as much (plus some first-class flights), paid more for their other overheads (production, etc), priced their tickets for less, and only got half the gate we did! That doesn't add up into the black!Showdown was a good time to leave a mark, make some cash, raise the profile of TWC, and get out while the going was good! The "Supershow" market is fecked now though!
Do you think an indy supershow will ever be as successful as Showdown in the UK?

Wow. That's twisting of the facts on Wade Keller's level. Keep it up, one day you'll have your own following of dirt sheet freaks.

So are you saying that Len, Sanjay and Alex are lying?
Well, if Len and Alex are saying they've never offered any help or advice to this promotion, then very much so. And I'm more than happy to release the e-mails to prove it if I have to. As for Bagga, he had no involvement before things brok on Friday, and has no involvement in APW. He has, however, offered advice in future.And quoting his MSN name without getting the facts straight is just shoddy journalism.