1PW shuts up shop

Dean Ayass

How many times....???They point people have made repeatedly is that even if the shows were good, they consider the business model to be unworkable in the longterm, and 1PW's existence ultimately detrimental to British Wrestling in the longterm.Please actually read what people are saying :/

Seconded... this is getting way OT and rather futile.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree with some of your points LOTM, but some of the points are crap too i'd say half of your post is some very valid points but the other half is crap and your just posting shit!You said your caring for the business i also think steven cares for british wrestling but he got it wrong!And i was not attacking you personally i was attacking them that post anything without know what they are posting correct or wrong!

Edited by scott_2k16

How many times....???They point people have made repeatedly is that even if the shows were good, they consider the business model to be unworkable in the longterm, and 1PW's existence ultimately detrimental to British Wrestling in the longterm.Please actually read what people are saying :/

Seconded... this is getting way OT and rather futile.
Yeah, but it's going to a fantastic stress relieving distraction when he actually makes this major announcement. I think it's a tie-in with Adam Ryland, with 1PW shows now being a live type-cast with everyone paying to watch Gauntley copy and paste TEW 07 results into MSN. He will, of course, have complete and total permission from all workers used (obviously Forlan from T-Zone will be his booker) and he'll claim complete ownership of any career development by UK workers within the TEW 07 world. After the show, you'll be able to purchase a copy of the typescript and photoshop images of 3D rendered action from the show itself. Fans will be online saying "Did you see picture six, man set aside the dodgy character models, that was a fine powerbomb!" If you're lucky enough to buy a Gold ticket, then christ you'd better strap yourself in and make sure everything is secured for you're going to receive...dun, dun, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...YES, a DVD of the entire card run on M Dickie's Wrestling Mpire!

• Paid Members

I do agree with some of your points LOTM, but some of the points are crap too i'd say half of your post is some very valid points but the other half is crap and your just posting shit!You said your caring for the business i also think steven cares for british wrestling but he got it wrong!And i was not attacking you personally i was attacking them that post anything without know what they are posting correct or wrong!

I admitted that the crack point was a low blow and took that back. Tell me where else you think I am talking crap rather than just generalising. It is a discussion forum. Discuss rather than just having a hissyfit when people disagreeing with you.

I can't believe there's any more points to be made in this thread or any other thread for 1PW to be honest. Obviously there's a new financial backer who's come out of nowhere to save 1PW or that's what we're supposed to think so Gauntley can put on another show and cancel it last minute before jetting off to Hawaii. I'm beyond caring. For every failed Gauntley there's another one right behind him ready to do just the same and it will just go on and on and on and nothing will ever change. There will always be mongs who will get behind these promotions destined for failure, happy to part with their cash for a bunch of old shite. It's just something we'll all have to live with i'm afraid.

Credit: http://www.britwres.com/news/170966730.shtml

1PW: Officially NOT In LiquidationPosted by Phil JonesBritWres.com has learnt that Steven Gauntley's 1 Pro Wrestling promotion is NOT in liquidation. 1PW's insolvency practitioner has given Steven Gauntly a grace period to procure the necessary funds to save the promotion. If Gauntley fails to find a backer, 1PW would then officially enter liquidation. However, 1UpGames, Gauntley's merchandise company, is in a state of liquidation.

That maybe so, but that doesent excuse the fact that it's perfectly acceptable to attack the man behind it & his family too on this forum.

who has damaged wrestling in this country, which is something I care about, so excuse me for caring.

Bollocks.How is British wrestling damaged? Yeah it might fuck up imports, but other than that how does it affect the various long running promotions who dont really use them anyway?

who has damaged wrestling in this country, which is something I care about, so excuse me for caring.

Bollocks.How is British wrestling damaged? Yeah it might fuck up imports, but other than that how does it affect the various long running promotions who dont really use them anyway?
FUCK OFF

FUCK OFF
Very reasonable debate there, well done, you're a credit to this forum.

• Paid Members

The thing is, it doesn't matter that companies like WAW, etc don't use imports, there are companies such a IPW:UK that do. Fortunately RQW may have smoothed that one over, but the fact that this was Muta's first trip over here and the business end went so badly before hand it reflected badly. The Japanese press were saying things along the lines of "Britain not being safe" rather than distinguishing between British wrestling as a whole and 1PW.

• Paid Members

If he wasnt in liquidation and people were screwed out of negotiated payments he must be opening himself to fraud charges of some sort right?

Making false statements in order to gain financial advantage is called fraud. It looks like he may have done this and it could cause problems going forward. The very fact that he's got loads of 1PW fans eating out of the palm of his hand, defending him to the hilt and has them believeing that anyone that says anything negative about 1PW in any way shape or form is a "hater" is unbelievable. Plenty of wrestling promoters would love this sort of Cult who are prepared to make a lot of sacrifices for their favourite company. With better business technique and some more sensible decisions made earlier on in their life, 1PW could (and should) have taken the ball and run with it to a new level, being the catalyst for a thriving scene. If they survive this then they have enough loyal fans to go forward, forge relationships with fellow promoters (or even under guidance of a new head of the promotion) and learn from the mistakes made in the past. As a neutral fan and as someone who'd like to see a thriving scene all over the UK, I hope at least something positive comes of this.