1PW shuts up shop

Dean Ayass

• Paid Members

1PW is still in business, but 1 Up Games is in liquidation. Is it a very cynical question to ask which firm was technically selling the tickets to shows?On a legal point which seems to be being missed, if the company that sold the tickets to last weekend's 1PW is still in business, then they legally owe EVERY ticket seller a refund IMMEDIATELY. 3CW is a completely different company and taking up their offer of free admission to their show DOES NOT have any legal bearing on the failure of 1PW to provide the show for which they sold tickets. If you went to the 3CW show, that's entirely between you and 3CW as to whether they charged you admission - it doesn't absolve 1PW of their liabilities at all.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who has damaged wrestling in this country, which is something I care about, so excuse me for caring.

Bollocks.How is British wrestling damaged? Yeah it might fuck up imports, but other than that how does it affect the various long running promotions who dont really use them anyway?
The thing is, it doesn't matter that companies like WAW, etc don't use imports, there are companies such a IPW:UK that do. Fortunately RQW may have smoothed that one over, but the fact that this was Muta's first trip over here and the business end went so badly before hand it reflected badly. The Japanese press were saying things along the lines of "Britain not being safe" rather than distinguishing between British wrestling as a whole and 1PW.
Me and JDD went over this one a week or so back.

• Paid Members

I know you have all been waiting, so here you go ....Another day of excitng developments, and im finally allowed to tell you all more details Basically, as you know, i was scheduled to sign the company over to the Liquidator yesterday, and i did not do it, due to a series of bizarre and wonderful and completely un-fathomable events. I was approached by two seperate potential investors, and have been involved, along with the company solicitor, in some serious talks with both parties over the last day or so. Things are looking very promising indeed. I feel like such a tease, but there is one more issue to be addressed prior to me being allowed to share with you all the most amazing news i have ever heard. I can tell you that our two investors are not connected to wrestling in any way at all, aside from their new association with 1PW. I can also tell you all that one of the potential investors was actually in the crowd at WND, and was completely taken aback by the passion, enthusiasm, pride and sheer love that our family/ fans has for our beloved 1PW.I quote " There were dozens of grown men actually crying... i couldnt believe how special those fans are, and how much they believe in the company " See, i told you all, YOU are 1PW ;-) If we are all blessed with a second chance, there will understandably be many issues that need addressing, and many facts you all need to know. We will tell you EXACTLY how the company died in the first place, who was owed what, how we paid them, how the WND show came about, and the entire story thru to present. We will give you all , all the facts, as you deserve nothing less.I type this knowing some troll will copy and paste my words and use them against us, to try to tell you all that you are all insane for believing, but, and here is the most beautiful part, they cant hurt us ever again, as collectively our belief and our passion is greater then anything they can even comprehend.As long as you all believe, they have no power at all. The best announcement ever TM is coming tommorrow night at 9pm.Steven Gauntley

I'm willing to give it another shot, because I did love the 1PW events, I just hope he does business the correct way this time.

I know you have all been waiting, so here you go ....Another day of excitng developments, and im finally allowed to tell you all more details Basically, as you know, i was scheduled to sign the company over to the Liquidator yesterday, and i did not do it, due to a series of bizarre and wonderful and completely un-fathomable events. I was approached by two seperate potential investors, and have been involved, along with the company solicitor, in some serious talks with both parties over the last day or so. Things are looking very promising indeed. I feel like such a tease, but there is one more issue to be addressed prior to me being allowed to share with you all the most amazing news i have ever heard. I can tell you that our two investors are not connected to wrestling in any way at all, aside from their new association with 1PW. I can also tell you all that one of the potential investors was actually in the crowd at WND, and was completely taken aback by the passion, enthusiasm, pride and sheer love that our family/ fans has for our beloved 1PW.I quote " There were dozens of grown men actually crying... i couldnt believe how special those fans are, and how much they believe in the company " See, i told you all, YOU are 1PW ;-) If we are all blessed with a second chance, there will understandably be many issues that need addressing, and many facts you all need to know. We will tell you EXACTLY how the company died in the first place, who was owed what, how we paid them, how the WND show came about, and the entire story thru to present. We will give you all , all the facts, as you deserve nothing less.I type this knowing some troll will copy and paste my words and use them against us, to try to tell you all that you are all insane for believing, but, and here is the most beautiful part, they cant hurt us ever again, as collectively our belief and our passion is greater then anything they can even comprehend.As long as you all believe, they have no power at all. The best announcement ever TM is coming tommorrow night at 9pm.Steven Gauntley

I'm willing to give it another shot, because I did love the 1PW events, I just hope he does business the correct way this time.
Are you not in the slightest bit bothered about how the situation look's regarding last saturday's event? I know i for one will be disgusted should it be proved that the event went ahead with the intention of putting Gauntley's promotion back together.

I quote " There were dozens of grown men actually crying... i couldnt believe how special those fans are, and how much they believe in the company "

I hate politically correct language. Call a mong a mong.

and here is the most beautiful part, they cant hurt us ever again,

That's right brothers and sisters, drink the kool-aid and I'll lead us all to the promised land where they can't hurt us anymore.

• Paid Members

Are you not in the slightest bit bothered about how the situation look's regarding last saturday's event? I know i for one will be disgusted should it be proved that the event went ahead with the intention of putting Gauntley's promotion back together.
Oh dont get me wrong, what's been going on lately is a complete disgrace, but what can assumptions (possible truth who knows?) and legal discussions do? We'll just have to wait and see what comes out of this.

I went on Saturday to watch 1PW die in style. If they keep going, and continue to fuck about with everything, I will be obscenely upset - and demand my money back, because what I went to see did not happen.**I probably won't. Although I shouldn't have paid anyway - see my thread for more details, then say nice things.

copied and pasted form the 1pw forum, not seen it posted: know you have all been waiting, so here you go ....Another day of excitng developments, and im finally allowed to tell you all more details Basically, as you know, i was scheduled to sign the company over to the Liquidator yesterday, and i did not do it, due to a series of bizarre and wonderful and completely un-fathomable events. I was approached by two seperate potential investors, and have been involved, along with the company solicitor, in some serious talks with both parties over the last day or so. Things are looking very promising indeed. I feel like such a tease, but there is one more issue to be addressed prior to me being allowed to share with you all the most amazing news i have ever heard. I can tell you that our two investors are not connected to wrestling in any way at all, aside from their new association with 1PW. I can also tell you all that one of the potential investors was actually in the crowd at WND, and was completely taken aback by the passion, enthusiasm, pride and sheer love that our family/ fans has for our beloved 1PW.I quote " There were dozens of grown men actually crying... i couldnt believe how special those fans are, and how much they believe in the company " See, i told you all, YOU are 1PW ;-) If we are all blessed with a second chance, there will understandably be many issues that need addressing, and many facts you all need to know. We will tell you EXACTLY how the company died in the first place, who was owed what, how we paid them, how the WND show came about, and the entire story thru to present. We will give you all , all the facts, as you deserve nothing less.I type this knowing some troll will copy and paste my words and use them against us, to try to tell you all that you are all insane for believing, but, and here is the most beautiful part, they cant hurt us ever again, as collectively our belief and our passion is greater then anything they can even comprehend.As long as you all believe, they have no power at all. The best announcement ever TM is coming tommorrow night at 9pm ps - ticket refund update ... i am talking to everyone who mailed me for FCLIVE and NTB refunds, and those are being processed. I know i said " hold on to your AON tix " , and then realised we havnt sent them out yet, so , um hold on to your... hearts , give me 25 hours, and have faith

Edited by Aspire