1PW shuts up shop

Dean Ayass

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

[*]Fan X buys a ticket to see Great Muta and some Americans at Doncaster.

[*]1PW "goes into liquidation"

[*]Fan X gets very sad because he knows he'll be at the back of the creditor queue and probably not get anything.

[*]3CW runs a show with no Great Muta/few Americans and accepts 1PW tickets.

[*]Fan X decides to use his ticket there as he might as well get *something* for his cash.

[*]1PW admits it isn't in liquidation.

[*]1PW's show didn't happen and, as it's not in liquidation, it owes every ticket buyer a full refund right now, absolutely no legal debate whatsoever.

[*]1PW announce "People needing refunds for Jan 27th, please e mail me direct at scgauntley@btinternet.com, and i will persoanlly sort. ( also any fans who still need NTB refunds, that did not use their tickets for WND, send me an e mail ".

[*]Fan X doesn't have his ticket any more. He used it for WND. He's not getting a refund by the sound of it.

[*]Having paid to see the Great Muta and some Americans, fan X appears to have been tricked into accepting a lesser show for his cash, acting on information that was untrue.

[*]Oops.

[*]That sounds a bit dodgy.

• Paid Members

First of all reading this section of the board and you wonder why UKFF has a bad name?

The UKFF does not have a bad name. It is people like Gauntley and his apologists that have a bad name that then transfers itself on to here.

Yes I am a 1pw fan, but I'm not blind either. Some of you really hate 1pw I don

First of all reading this section of the board and you wonder why UKFF has a bad name?

The UKFF does not have a bad name. It is people like Gauntley and his apologists that have a bad name that then transfers itself on to here.
Don't say that. I feel like I live on some bad ass estate or a ghetto neighbourhood that the other forum users are too scared to go in as it's a bit rough.

British wrestling companies will always be petty that is their way. People were happy when 1PW went tits up because it was all those people who said it would never last were proved right, and who doesn't like to be proved right.

Global warming scientists :(

that he has given up crack

I've had literally no evidence that that is true in any way shape or form. It did sound like typical Moj cherry-on-top story telling.I think it was nice to have an insight of a 1PW fan that isn't a mong. There is no point going in to it AGAIN but Steven Gauntleys promotion was designed in such a way that it would be damaging in the short and long-term for British Wrestling as a whole. That's why we're happy it's gone.

No it's the cunts on here that give the forum a bad name.People who have no actual intrest in 1PW, never even been to a show perhaps, but like the Kriss Sprules bullshit, love bandwagons.

• Paid Members

No it's the cunts on here that give the forum a bad name.People who have no actual intrest in 1PW, never even been to a show perhaps, but like the Kriss Sprules bullshit, love bandwagons.
There are cunts everywhere, and they are no better or no worse on here than anywhere else. As for Sprules that may be full of bandwagon jumpers but as only about 20 people have ever been to his shows what more do you expect, especially when he comes up with this alter ego skydome booking bullshit.

Don't say that. I feel like I live on some bad ass estate or a ghetto neighbourhood that the other forum users are too scared to go in as it's a bit rough.

It is a bit rough on here. I am still giving Moj my dinner money because I am scared of him! He is living like a king on the proceeds.Fair enough on the crack front, I have no evidence either. That was a low blow and I take it back.

I think it was nice to have an insight of a 1PW fan that isn't a mong.

But he was a mong. It was still a fuck you haters stlye rant

There are cunts everywhere, and they are no better or no worse on here than anywhere else. As for Sprules that may be full of bandwagon jumpers but as only about 20 people have ever been to his shows what more do you expect, especially when he comes up with this alter ego skydome booking bullshit.
Fair enough, both Gauntley & Sprules have made some bad business moves, shit I've done it meself, but why the personal attacks from people who've not lost a penny or have never had anything to do with them except over the internet?Sure they can be classed as bad businessmen, but the way they get treated you'd think they were akin to Ian Huntley or something.

It wasn't a fuck you haters it was an inside, i gather your one of these who only know what the internet is saying, like i said in my orginal post i dont mind people who bad against 1pw as long as its true or got some valid points.If you want to believe everything you read dont go to the fiction section of the book shop cos that might not be true too :sleeping: Edited by scott_2k16

Fair enough, both Gauntley & Sprules have made some bad business moves, shit I've done it meself, but why the personal attacks from people who've not lost a penny or have never had anything to do with them except over the internet?Sure they can be classed as bad businessmen, but the way they get treated you'd think they were akin to Ian Huntley or something.
I dont think LOTM, has made a mistake in his life or done something he shouldn't of had, you learn by your mistakes but i agree with you your acting like hes killed a kid or raped someone!

• Moderators

You may think it's sad and they should have better things to do with their time BUT a lot of people on here feel very strongly about BritWres, worry about it's future and therefore understandably get pretty worked up when shit like this goes down that is severely damaging to its prospects and credibility as far as they're concerned.Surely you can understand this, if you've ever been passionate about anything?(and yeah, of course there are also bandwagon jumping cunts trying to create an identity for themselves by co-opting everbody else's anger. This happens with any common public outpouring of emotion) Edited by Who has called me Hage?

I appreciate what you're saying but his sentences were coherent and his points were valid. He happens to have a different opinion to you/us, that doesn't make him a mong. We have very little reliable evidence on the behind the scenes goings on of 1PW, and therefore our negative assessment is as valid as his positive one.Moj's anti-1PW rants could make him a 'mong' by the same criteria, and he in fact has more bias due to his connections with LDN. "Fuck the haters!" is no different to "Fuck 1PW".I'm fairly confident of shady goings on and I also think Gauntley is big sack of cunt, and many share this view. As likely as this is, it doesn't make us right. As an aside, I also feel this Scott fellow is coming from a fans point of view with little to no comment or interest in the backstage antics, which might mean you're arguing about different things.EDIT: The posts written whilst I was writing this unfortunately directly contradict my defence. Edited by fleischmark

You may think it's sad and they should have better things to do with their time BUT a lot of people on here feel very strongly about BritWres, worry about it's future and therefore understandably get pretty worked up when shit like this goes down that is severely damaging to its prospects and credibility as far as they're concerned.Surely you can understand this, if you've ever been passionate about anything?
Of course, & I myself am very active on the British scene, I go to as many shows as I can up & down the country. That said I've seen good shows & bad shows, but 1PW is not one of the bad ones, I as a humble fan, who feels strongly about British Wrestling, like 1PW, how their business is conducted is another matter, but as a company 1PW have delivered evey time I've seen them, so theres no reason to hate them or want to see them go down the shitter is there?

• Moderators

How many times....???

They point people have made repeatedly is that even if the shows were good, they consider the business model to be unworkable in the longterm, and 1PW's existence ultimately detrimental to British Wrestling in the longterm.

Please actually read what people are saying :/

• Paid Members

It was a fuck you haters it was an inside, i gather your one of these who only know what the internet is saying, like i said in my orginal post id ont mind people who bad against 1pw as long as its true or got some valid points.If you want to believe everything you read dont go to the fiction section of the book shop cos that might not be true too :sleeping:
No I don't believe everything on the internet, and are you saying that I had no valid points within my post, or are you choosing to ignore them because I am semi-right and you can not think of a coherent answer to the points I made, so instead you choose to insult me because your argument has risible substance.

I dont think LOTM, has made a mistake in his life or done something he shouldn't of had, you learn by your mistakes but i agree with you your acting like hes killed a kid or raped someone!

Once again with the personal attacks, but anyway to answer your point. Yes I have made plenty of mistakes in my life but never when I have had a host of people telling me I was making a mistake and when the majority of those people had vastly more experience of the situation than I did. My mistakes also did not cost other people lots of their money, nor have any of the mistakes damaged the business I was in. I also accepted criticism whilst making my mistakes and did not feel the need lash out at all who disagreed with my point of view.I am in no way acting like he killed a kid or anything, what I am doing is reacting to a person who has damaged wrestling in this country, which is something I care about, so excuse me for caring.