1PW shuts up shop

Dean Ayass

Oh man! I just went over to the 1PW forum just for a laugh and GOOD GOD!Theres about 20 threads all with this shit about 'we are the 1PW family'...'1PW wont ever die'...'screw you haters'... and the like. The one thread that made me wanna puke over myself was the 'Tears in Your Eyes' thread where everyone was saying how they were close to or in tears during the 1PW show and how sad it was. *pukes* heheWhat I dont understand is whats the need to go saying 'Thank you Steven' in EVERY SINGLE THREAD! Sure he let me get the chance to meet my idol Bret Hart but I dont feel the need to constantly thank Gauntley for stuff that isnt really that big a deal. You never see on these forums a 'Thank Your Vince McMahon' or a 'Thank You Heyman' thread, why because they are BUISNESSMEN! They were in the buisness to MAKE MONEY! All this 'you are all 1pw family' makes me sick! Sorry ive gone off on a rant now but its pathetic! Did I like the 1PW shows that I attended? HELL YEA! Is it the end of the world cos a wrestling promotion which lasted all of about 14 months went under? HELL NO! Its not the last time you will be able to see Joe, Styles, Daniels, Ulf etc. Get over it!Oh and Steven Gauntley... YOUR NOT PAUL F'N HEYMAN! Dont act like you are! 1 P fuckin Dub! What the hell! We arent American! Dont talk like you are one!Mike

Edited by Michael_3165

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be jumping to conclusion's but this stink's . If we're all right in our assumption's then the people who worked on saturday's show have some serious question's to be answer.Seriously i know wrestling can be sleazy at the best of time's but this situation is looking terrible -even for pro wrestling.

If he wasnt in liquidation and people were screwed out of negotiated payments he must be opening himself to fraud charges of some sort right?

Based on the fact (that I have heard going around) that Muta got a cut on his original fee to work because he had to go to RQW instead, I would NOT want to be Gauntly IF this is true. I could really see Muta taking him to the courts VERY quickly.Mike

I'd love to see Muta take him to court .... altho ive also heard rumblings about his illegal use of copyrighted song material on the tv show being an issue with the fine for which being around 10k. Maybe staying out of the business before even more shit gets stirred could be an idea!

Why is it that whenever someone posts something against Gauntley or 1pw they say go back to watching LDN and sucking Baggas cock. Despite me being from the North East of England wher ei could watch action much closer than goign to LDN. Is it all because of one disagreement or something between Bagga and Gauntley, and they are just riding his cock as usual?

• Paid Members

In my legally unqualified understanding, stating publicly that you've gone into liquidation when that hasn't happened is seriously iffy as it can mislead people into writing off debts, accepting compromise settlements and so on.

Why is it that whenever someone posts something against Gauntley or 1pw they say go back to watching LDN and sucking Baggas cock. Despite me being from the North East of England wher ei could watch action much closer than goign to LDN. Is it all because of one disagreement or something between Bagga and Gauntley, and they are just riding his cock as usual?

Trying to make sense of this post, gimme a second.....ok, make it two... ;)If I have what you're saying correct, 1PW always namedrop Bagga because he has been one of the most vocal promoters against 1PW. Back when Bagga used to do our radio show (sorry Herb, I mean "online audio show"), he'd speak out on it quite a lot and put over how his style of wrestling was more traditional and British. So most 1PW fans have taken exception to him and in their 13-year old cult-like way basically see 1PW as the Jesus figure standing against Satan Bagga himself. henceforth, anyone who doesn't like 1PW must love Bagga. Or something... Edited by draVen

• Paid Members

Trying to make sense of this post, gimme a second.....ok, make it two... ;)If I have what you're saying correct, 1PW always namedrop Bagga because he has been one of the most vocal promoters against 1PW. Back when Bagga used to do our radio show (sorry Herb, I mean "online audio show"), he'd speak out on it quite a lot and put over how his style of wrestling was more traditional and British. So most 1PW fans have taken exception to him and in their 13-year old cult-like way basically see 1PW as the Jesus figure standing against Satan Bagga himself. henceforth, anyone who doesn't like 1PW must love Bagga. Or something...
Add to that the fact that Gauntley openly accused Bagga of trying to get one of their shows cancelled and claims Bagga is jealous, etc, etc. What bugs me is that if you dare to question or critise 1PW Gauntley call's you a "hater" what the fuck is that? Up until he started coming out with crap like that and his lies started to show through the only problem I had with 1PW was the claim to be the future of British wrestling (in fairness to them, I hate it when any new promotion says that) while using mostly American workers. Aside from that, I had a great time at the show I went to.I'm certainly very interested to know what this announcements going to be. I know the suspisions, I have them too, but if they turn out to be correct, he'll end up in even bigger shit that he is now.

Amazing. If this guy has renaged/renegociated debts whilst pretending to be in liquidation and then goes on a public forum and reveals that fact I'm not sure if he should be in prison or a secure mental hospital for his own protection.I'd love to be his lawyer, just sitting there incredulously asking him......."and then you did what?!"Reminds me of the bloke my flatmate was representing yesterday, he told him to just "answer the judges questions politely and don't volunteer any information you aren't asked for". The bloke then proceded to tell the judge to stop interupting him and almost got himself done for contempt (on top of the domestic violence).