[Nominations] Best Angle of 2006

tiger_rick

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LAX.Triple H vs. John Cena. Build up and match at Wrestlemania.Joey Styles "I Quit" promo and mini brawl with Jerry Lawler on RAW.Heel Foley vs. ECW and Ric Flair.Edge cashes in his Money in the Bank.RVD cashes in his Money in the Bank and goes on to beat Cena at ONSII.

Edited by Childsy

HHH/Cena/Edge - Loved the handicap matches on RAW in paticular, a rminder that matches on free TV dont have to be PPV standard but they should at least progress and change the dynamics of a feud.The build up to the DX reunion, I was as giddy as a twelve year old boy on the gym rope when they finally re-united.

• Paid Members

Triple H vs Edge vs Cena - Simple, effective booking. The few weeks these guys were working together were the probably the best WWE Tv all year. A perfect mix, Trips more or less fully-fledged face and the most over face in the company to boot. Edge, the hottest heel in the company doing exactly the job he needed to do and Cena, seemingly the ultimate tweener working off both those guys just seemed to work magically. And the verbal tussles were tremendous also.Mickie James' Trish Stratus admiration turns to love to obsession - A fantastic little angle that injected some much needed exitement into the Womens division. Wisely unfolded gradually, made a star (briefly) out of James, thanks to her great performances throughout and enthusiasm for the angle, Trish also playing her part effectively subtle.Edge cashes in - Perfectly timed and hugely exiting, WWE looked a much brighter place on the back of this. It was Edges moment. he grabbed it and nailed it. Hard.

Edge's bitchslap of the century on Cena's daddyMickie vs Trish "Single White Female" stuffThe "I Quit" build up between Foley and Flair