THE GREAT ANTI 1PW CONSPIRACY

Guest iamyourtruth

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The minute I read the guys name as "Iamyourtruth" and the first few lines of the post, the thought "tabloid esque" came to mind.Also reading this didn't shock me... trust me, people have been trying to attempt similar projects before. Good luck to the guy, though I suggest he avoids writing his negative personal opinion on any particular fed since this is unprofessional to say the least.Please note mr. "iamyourtruth" that only the sender has stated any dislike for 1PW. The other promotors are merely innocent bystanders (as far as this letter is concerned anyway).

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

We are in no way trying to 'compete' with 1PW - after all, the tag for the whole weekend is "British Wrestling United", and trying to fuck somebody about really doesnt fit in with that!

Doesnt that quote from this email (real or fake, I care not) cancel out the accusation you fabricated?

• Paid Members

Is this not likely to be directly involved with that idea of Mo's? The kind of NWA-like british company? The one that was set up publicly, on this very forum, which 1PW management embarass themselves on regularly enough to suggest that they read it?Doncaster appears to have been chosen as neutral territory between the promoters, but with a ready-made wrestling fan base. And I didn't see anyone slagging off 1PW in the email - did I skip a sentence?

Iamyourtruth should be banned for putting a private e-mail on a public forum. That's as bad or even worse than putting someone's private phone number on a forum, especially when it is information that is not to be public yet.Your conspiracy theory is just out of this world in terms of stupidity.There could be a number of reasons why that area is chosen, not to kill 1PW. How can you kill an "American" wrestling company that has just a small flavour of British wrestling by putting on an entirely different product, i.e. British wrestling? The best reason for choosing that area would be that some of the promotions are based not so far away from the area and it has proved to be a good area for getting large crowds.Is 1PW running on the opposite side of the street on the same day at the same time? Guess not..... That's how promotions competed against each other in the old days: Joint Promotions vs Brian Dixon.Is 1PW a threat to these promotions? I hardly think so. 1PW have US indy shows in the UK. Promotions like WAW draw local people to their shows, SWA is based in Scotland and so on.

Edited by Truth

• Paid Members

Iamyourtruth should be banned for putting a private e-mail on a public forum.

Why? It's his email, he can do what he wants with it.If this is true, then good on him for bringing it to light. If not, then he's a sad little fucker who wants to get a life and apologise for slandering the 8 promoters he mentions.

What a crock of shit! I'm quite enjoying this morning! Working at home and popping back to see Gauntley making a cunt of himself and now this tool is making my day! Almost sorted my hangover! :DAs for your theory - its shit. Enough said. 1PW are an american promotion running in britain. true its more brit-centric now which is good for the longterm and exposing the british scene and they are to be commended for that. Enough of this shit! Please! Its getting really sad and old already. Think the banning button needs to be prepped!

What an absolute load of bollocks. I will quite happily go on record as saying that Ricky Knight does more to work with other promotions and help to develop new British talent at WAW and elsewhere than anyone else I have ever met on the UK scene, and the thought of him being involved in some alleged conspiracy to "bring down" another British company is completely laughable.

Guest draVen

Sanjay Bagga was involved with 1PW? Man, he's getting grilled on Sunday :p

No he wasnt. He attended the first show with yours truly but thats it!
I know he wasn't. I meant it in a jokey way because I've heard Sanjay's opinions on 1PW (and theirs on his) many times since January. That part of the story really never added up, and that's one of the reasons why I take this story with a barrel of salt.

Iamyourtruth should be banned for putting a private e-mail on a public forum.

Why? It's his email, he can do what he wants with it.
Ok :crazy: So if your boss sends you a confidential e-mail about new developments in the company, you can do whatever you want with it because it is your e-mail? Cool for you. I think my boss would have fired me if I put in on a forum.So if your girlfriend sends you a sexy photo on e-mail, you can put it on the web because you can do whatever you want with it? Cool for you. I think my girlfriend would have left me if I posted it on a forum. Edited by Truth

"And I quote - "We are in no way trying to 'compete' with 1PW". So, I call on the accused here to tell me how deliberately picking a location and venue 7 miles outside of Doncaster when there is a whole United Kingdom to choose from, not competing? And in doing a weekend of shows, which is what 1PW have been known for since the beginning of this year, is this 'not trying to compete' also?"It's a 300 seater you fucking knobend! It's not like we're talking about a 1,000+ seater, on the same damned day and with a bloody TV deal...OR, and this is the key part twat boy, a gaggle of fucking imports.Everyone sits whinging their ass off about "imports, lack of UK investment" and all that ballyhoobyjumbo. Then, someone comes along with a proposal that looks to be including a raft of decent promotions and you still get some blinkered, obviously bitter, tit who wants to launch a conspiracy theory over it all.Away back to your DVD's and leave the adults alone, they know best afterall.